• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Something to note

Fox007

4 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Hubbard ran like a boss though and fights for yards so he's a good backup who can obviously come in and run well when needed.

I thought he looked good overall and I bet he can develop a bit in the pass catching game long term.  

Definitely thought Abdullah looked good tho and was very good as a 3rd down back.

• Pie 2

Just now, Fox007 said:

Oh yea we also had several long drives with some key third down conversions.

Sam finally ran more like I been saying forever to do and it was a quick and cool 68 yards. 

I think Sam had a significantly better day than his numbers indicate.  He used his legs well and had some nice throws (some of which were dropped)... We do need to try to keep from forcing him to play from behind while we are one dimensional, but I think this game kinda echoed what we saw earlier in the season: with a run game we can at least limit his mistakes.

next question is if we can do this against better teams.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

I think Sam had a significantly better day than his numbers indicate.  He used his legs well and had some nice throws (some of which were dropped)... We do need to try to keep from forcing him to play from behind while we are one dimensional, but I think this game kinda echoed what we saw earlier in the season: with a run game we can at least limit his mistakes.

Shoulda had a TD, coulda been ruled a TD on the field but either way DJ shouldn't have dropped it. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Shoulda had a TD, coulda been ruled a TD on the field but either way DJ shouldn't have dropped it. 

Yeah. Very different game the way the D was playing with a TD there, too.

The drops are maddening. Tbh, DJ was also having issues with drops last year. Nothing like he is this year (7 drops last year, already 5 this year, not counting today)... He was damn good his first couple years there, which makes me wonder if it's a coaching thing. And ofc he is far from our biggest problem there, but it seems an issue across all our guys. 

16 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Well the defense looked much improved with Shaq and now Gilmore in the lineup off injuries.

Add CMC to the offense and it should help dramatically because he changes the entire defensive game plan for the opponent whereas no one else even comes close to that TBH. I mean they put a S over DJ often but our other 1k WR gets shut down by seemingly any ole CB. 

Just have to hope its the OL setup this time that's what is what will stay uhmmm....the best version of shitty we got?
Scott being at G there is something that could dramatically help given how useless that spot has been. I mean for real the right side actually had some running lanes and from what I can remember nothing catastrophic in the pass game coming from there really. Mostly right up the middle again as per useless Paradis usual.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Well the defense looked much improved with Shaq and now Gilmore in the lineup off injuries.

Add CMC to the offense and it should help dramatically because he changes the entire defensive game plan for the opponent whereas no one else even comes close to that TBH. I mean they put a S over DJ often but our other 1k WR gets shut down by seemingly any ole CB. 

Just have to hope its the OL setup this time that's what is what will stay uhmmm....the best version of shitty we got?
Scott being at G there is something that could dramatically help given how useless that spot has been. I mean for real the right side actually had some running lanes and from what I can remember nothing catastrophic in the pass game coming from there really. Mostly right up the middle again as per useless Paradis usual.

Honestly the middle was such a problem on passing downs I can't tell you where the fault lies. 

But in run blocking ... They looked surprisingly good. And we know how CMC can turn losses into gains with no run blocking, so...

I wonder how much time Sam will miss

Edit: and Shaq had a hell of a game. Damn was he missed.  He was everywhere.

Gilmore looks good still... Really promising there.

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 2

28 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Opposing teams will load up the box and play single high. We'll be in a ton of 3rd and 6. It'll be up to the entire passing offense (QB, RBs, WRs, TEs, OL) to convert and force them to back off. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Opposing teams will load up the box and play single high. We'll be in a ton of 3rd and 6. It'll be up to the entire passing offense (QB, RBs, WRs, TEs, OL) to convert and force them to back off. 

The good news is we did have some nice 3rd down conversions today, but we still left some plays on the field.

Play action was looking good on occasion too.

• Pie 3