• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Deadline Today @4PM

CarolinaLivin

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

This news is actually probably the best case scenario for our chances of landing Watson.  Gives him time to clear up his mess (or not), and gives us the rest of the season to see if Sam can figure it out.  As hard as I have been on Sam lately, he has SOMETHING.  If he can just put it all together he could be a decent QB.  Im not very confident that happens, BUT its possible.  Also, I think this puts us firmly back in the Watson sweepstakes. 

What is this something? I haven't seen it yet.

1 minute ago, joemac said:

This time the year Baker went #1, absolutely nobody had him going #1 overall either.  Hell, if I recall correctly, nobody had him #1 until very close to draft day.  Its so early to even be talking who goes where, especially when there is no clear cut top guy like Lawrence in this years draft.

Inevitably, QB desperate teams will end up overdrafting from this weak crop. Happens every year.

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's funny that someone in another thread was talking about wanting another Jake Delhomme, well guess who Baker Mayfield's career stats look a lot like?

Baker Mayfield(53 games): 62.5% completion percentage, 241.8 Pass Yards/GM, 81 TD, 46 INT, 4.7 TD%, 2.7 INT%

Jake Delhomme(first 61 games as a Panther): 59.6% completion percentage, 218.5 Pass Yds/GM, 89 TD, 58 INT, 4.8 TD%, 3.1 INT%

I would love to have Baker here. Would obviously need an offensive line… 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

This time the year Baker went #1, absolutely nobody had him going #1 overall either.  Hell, if I recall correctly, nobody had him #1 until very close to draft day.  Its so early to even be talking who goes where, especially when there is no clear cut top guy like Lawrence in this years draft.

I am pretty sure (not 100% sure) they didn't have him as a late first round pick. And that is what any "big name" QB right not is projected as, at best. 

Edited by CarolinaLivin
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

38E40409-BFF3-4641-8337-C6C9CB2DEE31.gif

Watch Watson get his legal troubles squared away in 2022 and then Caserio keeps overplaying his hand and doesn't get a deal done before the 2023 draft. 

The thing he isn't considering is that eventually Watson's stock is going to start to drop due to overall inactivity. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Watch Watson get his legal troubles squared away in 2022 and then Caserio keeps overplaying his hand and doesn't get a deal done before the 2023 draft. 

The thing he isn't considering is that eventually Watson's stock is going to start to drop due to overall inactivity. 

Yep, regardless of the reasons, a player that hasn't played in 2 years will have less value than a guy who didn't miss time. And I doubt his legal situation is 100% sorted out before the end of next season. The legal process takes longer than that.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, t96 said:

Yep, regardless of the reasons, a player that hasn't played in 2 years will have less value than a guy who didn't miss time. And I doubt his legal situation is 100% sorted out before the end of next season. The legal process takes longer than that.

This is just a civil matter(so far) so I don't think it drags on forever unless either party wants it to. If this all ends up being a simple money soak, perhaps so but I still think it is likely to get squared away next year.

• Beer 1