• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pull Darnold, he is done.

Zod

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not opposed to just flat out firing him because despite posters calling me negative and not a Panthers fan, both Teddy and Darnold turned out exactly how I said they would. It wasn't hard to predict. They are what they are. I really thought having Teddy fail would've shown them that you can't rely on reclamation projects, but no. They just doubled down and went with the polar opposite type of reclamation project. From smart but physically limited to physically talented but not mentally cut out for the NFL.

Only reason I don’t want them to fire Rhule is because I’m terrified they are going to Hire Bienemy. I just really think he’s not going to be a good HC.

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not opposed to just flat out firing him because despite posters calling me negative and not a Panthers fan, both Teddy and Darnold turned out exactly how I said they would. It wasn't hard to predict. They are what they are. I really thought having Teddy fail would've shown them that you can't rely on reclamation projects, but no. They just doubled down and went with the polar opposite type of reclamation project. From smart but physically limited to physically talented but not mentally cut out for the NFL.

Crazily enough Teddy certainly isn't a long term franchise-defining player but I bet weve got a couple more wins with him at least. He is playing much better in Denver.

6 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Crazily enough Teddy certainly isn't a long term franchise-defining player but I bet weve got a couple more wins with him at least. He is playing much better in Denver.

He's better than Darnold for sure. This staff was just done with him when he threw them under the bus blaming them for getting the play call in late so that he couldn't audible to a running play when he sailed it over the head of a wide open DJ Moore in the endzone. And honestly? I can't blame them. I would've been done with him too.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's better than Darnold for sure. This staff was just done with him when he threw them under the bus blaming them for getting the play call in late so that he couldn't audible to a running play when he sailed it over the head of a wide open DJ Moore in the endzone. And honestly? I can't blame them. I would've been done with him too.

I'm beginning to think the problems with the offense is a lot more than just the QB.  We ditched TB because he couldn't get it into the end zone, couldn't lead a game winning drive... He's doing that now in Denver, and he certainly has worse around him... I don't think he's the answer but maybe be wasn't wrong about some things here.

Just now, mav1234 said:

I'm beginning to think the problems with the offense is a lot more than just the QB.  We ditched TB because he couldn't get it into the end zone, couldn't lead a game winning drive... He's doing that now in Denver, and he certainly has worse around him... I don't think he's the answer but maybe be wasn't wrong about some things here.

OL is really important and this staff hasn't gotten the message. We spent a ton of money bringing Joe Brady here but we haven't given him much to work with at QB and in the trenches. We have great weapons, but trash at QB and trash at OL. It's like spending a ton of money on a race car driver then putting him in a clapped out F150 with nice tires and wheels and wondering why you're not winning races. Well, no poo you're not winning races. Same thing with Brady and the offense. If you suck at OL and you suck at QB, you're gonna suck on offense. Just no way around it. I'm not absolving Brady of any and all blame, I'd just like to see what the guy we thought was a wunderkind could do if we gave him something to work with.

• Pie 1