• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You wake up in January 2022 and find out Rhule leaves to coach Penn State, how do you feel?

29 minutes ago, trueblade said:

The bar is set incredibly low with our current state.

We're still 4-5.

Don't kid yourself, there's a LONG way down from here.

At the end of the day, the only thing different than last week when we won, is our Offensive Line got further degraded mid-game, and Darnold looked terrible against a HOF head coach who has played against Sam Darnold 7 times in 4 years. Are we really surprised he knew how to exploit him?

I'm not saying we're good, and I'm not saying we've got a lot to look forward to this year. We're looking rough, and with yet ANOTHER offensive line starter out for the year, I don't feel like we're at any risk of improving.

What I am saying is with the talent we have available, I don't think an regime in the league could be doing better. And a regime change is a hard reboot. I'd much rather see the coaching staff that's put together one of the fiercest defenses in the league in less than 2 years have a chance to address the offense this off-season, than start all over again.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Captroop said:

We're still 4-5.

Don't kid yourself, there's a LONG way down from here.

At the end of the day, the only thing different than last week when we won, is our Offensive Line got further degraded mid-game, and Darnold looked terrible against a HOF head coach who has played against Sam Darnold 7 times in 4 years. Are we really surprised he knew how to exploit him?

I'm not saying we're good, and I'm not saying we've got a lot to look forward to this year. We're looking rough, and with yet ANOTHER offensive line starter out for the year, I don't feel like we're at any risk of improving.

What I am saying is with the talent we have available, I don't think an regime in the league could be doing better. And a regime change is a hard reboot. I'd much rather see the coaching staff that's put together one of the fiercest defenses in the league in less than 2 years have a chance to address the offense this off-season, than start all over again.

I'm not in favor in getting rid of the current regime. The premise of the thread was Rhule leaving of his own volition for the Penn State job. If that were to happen Pederson would be high on my list of candidates.

20 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

I think the job has gotten worse and it nowhere near half finished lmao!

That wasn't the question.  Nowhere did it ask how would feel if he is fired in January 2022.  It was if he left of his own accord.  I don't think he will leave willingly.  He doesn't seem that way to me.  I stand by my original answer on the question that was asked.