• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

O-Line not as bad as we thought, neither is Brady, which leaves....

Dragoon11

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Hi, I'm here.

He scored no TDs and turned the ball over twice and still won. Congrats to him - he's not a starting NFL QB. 

He turned it over once. That fumble was not on him. He put it right on chubba’s chest. Unless I’m forgetting another turnover that was it.

no he’s not a starting qb but he played like a solid backup. Competent. Something Darnold couldn’t do. I’d imagine the eagles and giants game we would’ve won had pj started. We just needed competent qb play. Sam Darnold is the worst starting qb in the league. 

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Al Morgan said:

Darnold needed a staff and Coaches who could fix his play and career. Ours' didn't really help or scheme around him and now he's even more damaged than before the trade.
PJ at least don't cost us the game, but I still don't trust Brady

McCaffrey coming back and carrying the load has made a massive difference - the amount of 1 yard carries he turns into 5+ yard gains is jaw dropping. Not to mention he's just open on option routes - Walker was staring him down all night 'cos he knew McCaffrey was eventually going to roast whatever poor soul they asked to cover him.

The second big difference was playing Elflein at his natural position. Suddenly the iOL looked serviceable because the C wasn't a traffic cone. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

He turned it over once. That fumble was not on him. He put it right on chubba’s chest. Unless I’m forgetting another turnover that was it.

no he’s not a starting qb but he played like a solid backup. Competent. Something Darnold couldn’t do. I’d imagine the eagles and giants game we would’ve won had pj started. We just needed competent qb play. Sam Darnold is the worst starting qb in the league. 

Yeah - you don't hand the ball off to a RB's chest. You put it in their stomach. It bounced off Hubbard's shoulder pads. 

You won't win many games where your QB goes 22/29 for 167 yards.  All PJ did was not lose that game.

Our OLine, aside from Daley, looked competent.  Similar to last week in fact.

I'm not sure the game did anything for Brady.  His situational play calling is still not convincing.  We had more FG's than TD's today.  Our kicker, in a shocking turn of events, kicked consistently well today.  It shouldn't disguise the fact that when we got inside the opponent 35 yard line, our offense choked more than it scored TD's.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be positive about the future, the team looked like a team trending in the right direction.  What I am saying is that one game doesn't answer all the questions.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Yeah - you don't hand the ball off to a RB's chest. You put it in their stomach. It bounced off Hubbard's shoulder pads. 

It was fine. That was still on Hubbard. Pretty amazing how you defended Darnold even up to his last debacle of a game but are giving poo to a backup who played competent. Something Darnold is incapable of doing. Must suck to suck.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 3

11 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

McCaffrey coming back and carrying the load has made a massive difference - the amount of 1 yard carries he turns into 5+ yard gains is jaw dropping. Not to mention he's just open on option routes - Walker was staring him down all night 'cos he knew McCaffrey was eventually going to roast whatever poor soul they asked to cover him.

The second big difference was playing Elflein at his natural position. Suddenly the iOL looked serviceable because the C wasn't a traffic cone. 

Yeah, I agree on CMC. just like BrianS says, we won't win many games with this kind of performance from PJ. BUT, for this game, it was good enough to not give away the game. And that's what Sam has been doing for the past 4 or 5 weeks.
My point is that Brady and the staff didn't help Darnold at all, coaching or trying to fix him.
Thus, so far, PJ is less of a liability

5 minutes ago, Al Morgan said:

Yeah, I agree on CMC. just like BrianS says, we won't win many games with this kind of performance from PJ. BUT, for this game, it was good enough to not give away the game. And that's what Sam has been doing for the past 4 or 5 weeks.
My point is that Brady and the staff didn't help Darnold at all, coaching or trying to fix him.
Thus, so far, PJ is less of a liability

Matt Rhule said in his presser they had a couple of playaction deep shots in the game plan for Walker but as the game transpired they realized they didn't need to take them and kept it conservative. You can win alot of ball games in the NFL when you have a good defense and the offense can play complimentary and protect the football.

PJ for the most part made the right decision and got he ball out quick which aided the offensive line performance. We scored the highest point total of the season because we were able to take what the defense gave us. That's a great recipe for success going forward. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

42 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Can't wait for his next offseason thread about how if we can just fix Darnold's mechanics we have a franchise QB.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 3

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Can't wait for his next offseason thread about how if we can just fix Darnold's mechanics we have a franchise QB.

But first we gotta tank this season, and then draft all offensive linemen in the draft and also ship Robby out of here and get better receivers then we will ready to win with Sam. 

Edited by Pantherxtreme
  • Flames 4