• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Really, what does Derrick Brown do?

FuFuLamePoo

4 hours ago, Toomers said:

Why does it matter, in any way, what Star wanted from the Panthers, or any team. It’s about what he got and was actually worth. Stars 5/50M he got was barely more than that. Why is spending 1M/year more just TOO MUCH(according to you) for a position. This is your theory and nothing the team did has shown there was ever a thought like that. Or they wouldn’t have run out to sign Poe. Then sign McCoy when both Poe and KK were here. 

Just for kicks, show us where anyone with credibility confirmed that Star wanted 16M/yr? 

What a player wants to be when they become a fa doesn’t matter?

Are you truly asking this question??

3 hours ago, glitchh8 said:

How to this point has no one mentioned coaching?

DL coach Okam is a Baylor transfer, no NFL coaching background before coming here last year with Rhule/Snow. Is he able to coach up Brown should be a large question. 

I didn't even realize the DL coach was a Baylor guy as well, looks like he was an NFL bust. 33 tackles in 4 years in the NFL as a backup, oof. Speaking of D coaches that cornerbacks coach also from Baylor seemed like he had zero idea what he was doing in the Camp Confidential episode highlighting him. Just a bunch of ra-ra guys with no real NFL experience 

21 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

What??? He didn’t look powerful enough in college?

what film are yo watching?

I didn't see room for growth on his frame.  Frame may be a bad word, I saw a guy who might be maxed out on his strength potential. 

Compare the bodies of let's say Kris Jenkins with Derrick Brown

He's certainly not making an impact on the stat sheet. I'd have to really dig into the game footage but is he demanding double teams? Opening up space for others to make plays? Freeing up Shaq to make tackles? Other than that he certainly isn't doing any pass rushing or run stopping from what I can see. It's a shame KK's tank ran out last year.

2 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I didn't see room for growth on his frame.  Frame may be a bad word, I saw a guy who might be maxed out on his strength potential. 

Compare the bodies of let's say Kris Jenkins with Derrick Brown

You do remember Kris had a weight problem that ended his career early right? Derrick is 
6’5 325 that’s perfect.. And he is definitely strong enough..

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

He's certainly not making an impact on the stat sheet. I'd have to really dig into the game footage but is he demanding double teams? Opening up space for others to make plays? Freeing up Shaq to make tackles? Other than that he certainly isn't doing any pass rushing or run stopping from what I can see. It's a shame KK's tank ran out last year.

He’s more like Star not KK.. And his Stats line up well with what we asked Star to do his 1st 2 Season.. Nixon is more like KK type of DT.. But he’s hurt now..

20 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

He’s more like Star not KK.. And his Stats line up well with what we asked Star to do his 1st 2 Season.. Nixon is more like KK type of DT.. But he’s hurt now..

Star was also much stronger for us then Derrick Brown.  Derrick Brown is more like Make Kemoatu, but even that is a stretch.

24 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

You do remember Kris had a weight problem that ended his career early right? Derrick is 
6’5 325 that’s perfect.. And he is definitely strong enough..

That was with the Jets.

Either way Derrick Brown is not getting the inside push, which speaks to his strength and leverage.

Washington was on their 3rd starting C early into the game. FYI our former all-pro Tyler Larsen started the game...... Brown should have wrecked all of them, I at least saw Jones make a few plays.

They also lost the starting RT early as well, still ran all over panthers DL.

where are those poster saying this is a top 5 D, I need to see how they are currently??

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Washington was on their 3rd starting C early into the game. FYI our former all-pro Tyler Larsen started the game...... Brown should have wrecked all of them, I at least saw Jones make a few plays.

They also lost the starting RT early as well, still ran all over panthers DL.

where are those poster saying this is a top 5 D, I need to see how they are currently??

And Buffalo should have wrecked the Colts..

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

And Buffalo should have wrecked the Colts..

Tis the NFL and its been more unpredictable than past years. Lots of upsets the week before this past. Panthers going need some of that "luck" to make the playoffs.... No teams feel above others to me. Feels like 20 teams are the "best" and 12 lesser that could upset one form the 20. GB and AZ do not feel like the best W-L teams. Right now Wash is playing better than TB and panthers. I would hate to play NE right now as well, now THATS a top 5 D......

If the panthers truly had a top 5 D, they beat washington easy. 

• Pie 1