• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fire Rhule

therealmjl

49 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Hopefully they have an essay question on the next job application for the head coaching position of the Panthers asking how prospective coaches plan to use their timeouts.

Or draft picks.

Wait... you're open to the idea of using an entire draft class on defense in a league that's been trending toward offense for two decades? Oh, you want to trade 2nd and 3rd round picks for other teams' 1st round pick busts? You want to overpay subpar vets to avoid spending draft picks on OL?

Cool. Thanks for your time but I just want to be honest with you and let you know that we're going to be pursuing other candidates. 

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Guild said:

Hot take:  Snow also sucks and has been carried by talent.

This honestly should be talked about more.

10 straight picks on defense and traded for 4 more defenders. Two of them former first rounders.

His scheme sucks and any decent NFL coach is able to take advantage of it and our coaches are incapable of adjusting.

Funny thing is Joe Brady suffers from the same issues. Crazy that a bunch of college coaches who are running their same schemes from college in the NFL aren't having success.

First year I gave them a pass as they needed time to make their adjustments into the NFL.

We are now going into the last quarter of year 2 and Rhule, Brady, and Snow haven't adapted or changed their ways at all.

Way too much talent on this team (aside from the offensive line) that is going to waste because this coaching staff doesn't know how to properly utilize them allowing even average NFL coaches to completely neutralize entire phases of our game. 

38 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

How is this on Rhule? So he wasted a timeout; it's not the first time. Rivera would waste timeouts, too. That didn't cost us the game.

We had a QB we signed 10 days ago playing a great game and the effort was certainly there on offense and special teams.

Unfortunately, the defense laid an egg. I still am MUCH more optimistic coming off this loss than I was coming off the win over Atlanta a few weeks ago because the defense isn't going to play this poorly on a regular basis. 

On the other hand, we actually have a real NFL-caliber starting QB, which we haven't been able to say in a long while.

He is the head coach and was allowed to hand pick his coaching staff. He is fully responsible if they suck ass. He chose not to hire anyone with any NFL experience.

Tepper also kept Hurney around an extra year and Hurney gave Rhule the green light to do what ever he wanted to with the team.

Hurney even said he did not want to move on from Cam but Rhule wanted "his guy" and we all have seen how that's worked out.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Eazy-E said:

He is the head coach and was allowed to hand pick his coaching staff. He is fully responsible if they suck ass. He chose not to hire anyone with any NFL experience.

Tepper also kept Hurney around an extra year and Hurney gave Rhule the green light to do what ever he wanted to with the team.

Hurney even said he did not want to move on from Cam but Rhule wanted "his guy" and we all have seen how that's worked out.

Oh, we've sure seen "his guys" at QB. Please god no more of any of that.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

I like how he included "a real NFL starting QB" without mentioning the fact that Rhule is the one who sent him packing off the jump and the only reason QB1 is back is because Tepper laid the hammer down on this incompetent staff.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

I like how he included "a real NFL starting QB" without mentioning the fact that Rhule is the one who sent him packing off the jump and the only reason QB1 is back is because Tepper laid the hammer down on this incompetent staff.

Cam was the first player to suffer from Rhule's kiss of death.

Rhule came in talking about how great Cam is and how he couldn't wait to work with him and then boom, Rhule cut his ass a few days later.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Fitts is just a paper pusher for Rhule. Rhule has final roster say. 

Do you not think Fitts was the reason for all the trade downs in the draft? That was definitely a first for this franchise. (Not arguing, just asking your take.) 

We’ve definitely been more active overall this year, which is probably a better approach. You can still argue if the moves we’ve made have been the right ones or not, but I like being more active. 

I don’t agree with it but they are going to give Rhule the Kingsbury treatment.

He’ll manage to get to 8-9 this year and next year will be put up or shut up. 

You have to wonder where we’d be in the “Tepper plan” if we didn’t play ring-around-the-rosie in the fugging QB room for a year and a half and didn’t give the entire estate to a coach with exactly one year of NFL experience.

1 minute ago, CL1022 said:

Do you not think Fitts was the reason for all the trade downs in the draft? That was definitely a first for this franchise. (Not arguing, just asking your take.) 

We’ve definitely been more active overall this year, which is probably a better approach. You can still argue if the moves we’ve made have been the right ones or not, but I like being more active. 

I'm sure Fitts is having an influence on the trade activity, but it's not up for debate about Rhule having final say. 

https://www.panthers.com/news/matt-rhule-has-final-say-looking-to-build-relationship-with-gm

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Did you click the link? 😂

That article didn't say Fit was a paper pusher or had no input  like you categorize the situation..

They make trades like Seattle does and where does Fit come from?? And that's not a clear sign of a GM with some control..

Edited by WOW!!