• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera played Rhule again

50 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Our D line is plenty big. Phil Snow is just a bad coach with a bad defensive scheme.

Morgan Fox, Yetur Gross-Matos, Derrick Brown, DaQuan Jones and hell throw Bravion Roy in there are like a combined 1200lbs.

For some reason Snow thinks it’s a good idea to run nickle and dime with Burns Reddick, Fox and Brown up front when they’re dominating us with the run. Fox is a running stopping DE or pass rushing DT. So you have 3 pass rushers and one guy who can eat blocks and you wonder why it was so easy to run on us. Same poo happened in the Dallas game and even the dumb ass commentators were wondering why we weren’t using more big bodied down linemen since we were getting killed by the run. If you want to have Burns and Reddick out there at the same time against more physical teams you have to be running a standard 3-4 formation with them or the opposing team is going to check to a run and gash us every time. If they’re in an obvious must pass situation that’s different.

it wasn’t until the 4th Quarter until I finally saw a line up front of Fox-Brown-Jones-Matos and guess what, we stuffed their running back for no gain.

Were literally talking basic fundamental football and our coaches aren’t even utilizing the fuging basics.

3 games out of 11 this year we've been beaten on the trenches . HAlf of the Dline is under the age of 25.. For most of the season this has been a top5 defense after a full teardown just a year ago.. So please let's just Relax...

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

3 games out of 11 this year we've been beaten on the trenches . HAlf of the Dline is under the age of 25.. For most of the season this has been a top5 defense after a full teardown just a year ago.. So please let's just Relax...

When something starts to become a trend I wouldn’t consider that the time to relax.

Tell me something I said that isn’t true.

Also only two of our D line starters are under 25 and they were both first round picks. Although I view Burns as more of a pass rushing OLB now.

24 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

When something starts to become a trend I wouldn’t consider that the time to relax.

Also only two of our D line starters are under 25 and they were both first round picks. Although I view Burns as more of a pass rushing OLB now.

3 out of 11 is not a trend..

2 hours ago, Tbe said:

So Ron has a worse record but is a better coach? Got it.

Ron had the size advantage on our D. That’s it. It had nothing to do with better scheming or anything like that.

I just never saw 3-4 as base defense like they do. It's a gimmick defense used when you lack big guys up front to do the job due to injury or lack of personnel.

Ron of all people know that and he exploited the 3-4 where it's weakest, the run game. 

The scheming went wrong with that decision.

2 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

Roy, brown, Matos, Nixon, Hopkins are all under 25.. Add Burns and that is most of the Dline..

4 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

His defense was better than our offense.

His offense was much better than our defense.

His special teams play was better than our special teams.

They beat us in all three phases of the game. His team was depleted by injuries to stars and starters, ours wasn't. We had Cam Newton at QB, they had the guy who was a third stringer behind Cam a few years back. 

Ron Rivera beat us, in front of our home crowd, on a day when everyone was up, when Cam came back as Superman and when we needed the win and he didn't. Not saying Rivera is a great coach, but he is a pro-level coach and Rhule has shown little to no sign that he ever will be one.

This is a defensive coordinator nfl vs college head coach. The Nfl won as it should. Ron is not a world beater of a coach but he is a one. I can't say what Rhule is per se cause this was the first game I watched, but the defense is suspect. I don't know if they just thought Cam would get them the win with them playing Redskins and just didnt show up to play or what but it was the defense that lost this one.

• Pie 1

Not a slight at Burns but i think we know why Rivera specifically didnt like him on the field that much and its already been spoken about Donte. This was truly a game where the opposing team just knew us too well. I think its all scheme related, big adjustments should be made to fix it.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Not a slight at Burns but i think we know why Rivera specifically didnt like him on the field that much and its already been spoken about Donte. This was truly a game where the opposing team just knew us too well. I think its all scheme related, big adjustments should be made to fix it.

Even with this opinion… Ron was us not playing 3rd and 21 right from letting us win again…lol

12 hours ago, Tbe said:

So Ron has a worse record but is a better coach? Got it.

Ron had the size advantage on our D. That’s it. It had nothing to do with better scheming or anything like that.

you sound ridiculous 

Carolina 5-6 with the easiest schedule you can have

vs Washington with mutiple injuries have arguably the toughest schedule in the nfl . And they’ve lost because of kicking issues and henickie little mental errors . 
But that’s okay that’s called developing and progressing . Many fans wanted henickie benched but Ron Rivera stuck with him and believed in him.

matt rhule does not ….. he gives up on QBs and instead gets newton back ? How much you want to bet that newton gets benched and darnold starts again?.

If you really believe Ron Rivera isn’t a better coach idk what to tell you. If Washington had Carolina schedule they arguably be at 6 wins right now .