• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

latest 2022 mock draft

BlitzMonster

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

What gets us to a sustainable winning franchise quicker?   Building an oline through the draft in 2022 and then getting qb in 2023? 

Or

Drafting qb in the top 10 in 2022 and trotting him out behind this poo line and then building the line in the 23 draft?

I think the answer is pretty obvious especially when you consider the strengths of each draft

Answer isn’t obvious because there is no guarantee you can find a QB the following year.

Even if it is a “stronger class” they might be gone before you pick.  

Either way, the QB is exponentially more important so if one is available that you like, you pick him.  If you don’t like them, don’t force it and just wait. 

• Pie 2

I wonder if the Steelers would try to jump ahead of us to grab Pickett.  He is literally the hometown hero and would be a big marketing coup if they snagged him.  

With both the Jets and Giants likely having two early first round picks, there might be an opportunity to trade up for Pittsburgh.  

I worry that he’s an older player finally breaking out in college that his performance isn’t good enough. Hell be 24 before the season starts as a rookie. Is he just a super late bloomer? He’s been nothing as a prospect for four seasons and now in his fifth year of college he’s done well? Worries me. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Varking said:

I worry that he’s an older player finally breaking out in college that his performance isn’t good enough. Hell be 24 before the season starts as a rookie. Is he just a super late bloomer? He’s been nothing as a prospect for four seasons and now in his fifth year of college he’s done well? Worries me. 

I like this argument better than the “his name is Kenny” angle

• Pie 2

I really need to know from people that are anti-Pickett..... why?

I know stats and certain achievements do not guarantee success in the NFL. I also acknowledge that the ACC and opponents they've faced are not the SEC/Big 10/etc. 

Beyond that, the guy has achieved a lot and will probably continue to climb draft boards with two more chances to showcase his skills pre-combine. The Senior Bowl and a Peach Bowl game vs. Michigan St. 

Measures out at 6'3" 220 and has a Burrow-esque style of play. Great mechanics, smart reads and sneaky athletic. Broke Marino's TD record at Pitt and Watson's ACC record for TDs. 

I would prefer a Fields/Lance/Mahomes kind of mobile QB, but Pickett should still translate well to the NFL. I'd personally put him below Fields/Lance but ahead of Jones in last year's draft. 

OL is the right pick in round 1, but I'd much rather have Pickett than the third or fourth best OL. TBH, Pickett probably ends up top-7 by the time the draft rolls around, so not even sure if he's there when we pick.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I know stats and certain achievements do not guarantee success in the NFL. I also acknowledge that the ACC and opponents they've faced are not the SEC/Big 10/etc. 

Beyond that, the guy has achieved a lot and will probably continue to climb draft boards with two more chances to showcase his skills pre-combine. The Senior Bowl and a Peach Bowl game vs. Michigan St. 

Measures out at 6'3" 220 and has a Burrow-esque style of play. Great mechanics, smart reads and sneaky athletic. Broke Marino's TD record at Pitt and Watson's ACC record for TDs. 

I would prefer a Fields/Lance/Mahomes kind of mobile QB, but Pickett should still translate well to the NFL. I'd personally put him below Fields/Lance but ahead of Jones in last year's draft. 

OL is the right pick in round 1, but I'd much rather have Pickett than the third or fourth best OL. TBH, Pickett probably ends up top-7 by the time the draft rolls around, so not even sure if he's there when we pick.

Two words…Blaine Gabbert

19 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I explained what gave me pause about him. Burrow still looked good enough at OSU when he got in. His not so great year was still good enough. It wasn’t completely out of nowhere. There were signs. Pickett has been basically nothing for four years while getting good playing time and then he boomed this year. 

• Beer 1