• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Losing Out is the Way

2 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Don't watch much college ball, but if there's a QB out there that plays multiple positions, chances are Rhule is picking them in the first.

Even better, there's a quarterback Rhule recruited in college.

Kenny Pickett committed to Temple just before Rhule moved on to Baylor.

5 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I mean come on none of those scrubs come close to Howell. Pickett is probably the closest but the guy was in college for 7 years. 

Personally, Kenny Pickett, Pittsburgh, would be my first choice for the Panthers to draft but would not be unhappy if they selected Howell.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CameronGiles said:

When you're ahead of the game you look lost.

Cam will be this teams QB for next 5 at least I guarantee it

Ha, ha, hey, I'm not saying this couldn't happen, but unless you're Dave Tepper there's no way you can "guarantee it".  Even so, there are a lot of variables that are out of Dave's and Cam's control.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

huddle IQ explained:

bitch we have no qb

proceed to cherish meaningless games, think tanking is blasphemy 

glorying a flaccid cam while not comprehending the irony

his reign was a result of blatantly tanking

continue to bash those who wish to tank

all I see are fans who want to win meaningful games vs. meaningless games

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

As has been said before, losing out doesn't necessarily solve our problems.  Look at the Jags and the Browns and Raiders from years ago.

Eventually you have to show improvement over a multi-year span or you start having a culture of losing.  I'd say there's a very strong chance this is going to be yet again a losing season and I have absolutely no faith in Rhule having a winning season next year.

The wise approach would be to kick the qb can down the road another year because no one in this draft is worth a high pick, but I suspect a panic move is likely to happen.  Howell, Pickett, or someone along those lines.  Personally I'd rather grab whomever is available at LT, d-line, even linebacker or maybe WR and see where we are there.  All the trades more or less killed this draft barring a trade down or two.

I suggest finding something happier to do with your Sundays for a couple years, everyone.  It's going to take a few years to right this ship.

• Pie 1