• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer

LinvilleGorge

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

This has proven to be a pathetic draft class for us. 

-Jaycee Horn looked great those first games. So did the rest of the team. Injury took him out. We never got to see him against actual competition.

-Terrace Marshall, Jr. Had some injury time off, but was basically outperformed on the field by Zylstra. The guy is like our #5 receiver on the field.

-Brady Christensen Apparently a third stringer since he only sees the field after numerous injuries and is rarely in his normal LT position (even when there's a need).

-Chuba Hubbard: Good back-up to CMC, which is a necessity. Has hands of stone, though. Stick 'em is outlawed, so what are we gonna do? Thank goodness for Abdullah being available, huh?

Daviyon Nixon: He's been on the field. Not much of a run stopper. Not much of a pass rusher. Might be able to spell some other players in rotation.

Keith Taylor: Well, there's a CB, again. We have like 19 of them or something. 

Deonte Brown: Went to IR for weight issues I guess. Plays on national championship team as a starter. Never sees a regular season snap on a line in desperate need of players.

Shi Smith: Training camp hero, scrappy underdog. Couldn't pick him out of a lineup if asked, where is he? I've seen the redheaded trainer on the field more than him this year.

Thomas Fletcher: We drafted a long snapper, then Nancy Kerriganed him to send him to the IR because we thought 84-year old JJ Jansen was a better choice (okay, JJ rocks, but still).

Phil Hoskins: He saw the field, I know he did, right. Made a bit of an impact, showed some promise. Did he go to IR or did he just get benched for another Temple dude?

Ad we've traded away our second and third round draft picks next year for Sam Darnold and CJ Henderson. Those haven't aged well.

That's the reason I laughed when folks were debating if this draft class was better than the 2020 one.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

We literally saw the video.. Rhule had a few favorites.. Tepper wanted Olinemen.. And Fitt found ways to get those players..

You don't think that happens in most if not all organization..

Example..

Cardinals GM draft Rosen.. Hired a new coach .. Coach wants his college QB.. They drafted Kyler got rid of Rosen.. Same Gm..

It happens in every organization.. And the teams you named are some of the coaches with the most control.. That's what's funny.. 

Didn't the Gm in Tampa draft Jameis ?? And when Arians couldn't work with him.. That same GM got rid of the QB he drafted.. Who has the final roster say??

What video? Those scripted things they put out in the spring? LOL! Where the video of the Teddy signing. Or the Darnold trade? Or the 5th year option? 

And TB GM drafted a lot more than just Jameies. Evans, Godwin, Marpet etc…. Plus he was one of the main reasons Arians took the job. Once again, facts aren’t you friend.  

14 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I don't even know what you're debating at this point.. Every coach for the most part has final roster say and if they don't they are about to be fired..

If we take out all logic and reason and facts, you make an excellent point? Just as Rhule had total control from day one and was pointed out numerous times as fans tried to blame anyone not here anymore to make him look better going forward. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They wanted him in last year's draft before Fitterer got here, so you'd probably have to say Rhule. 

I thought I remember Rhule saying they (meaning he) liked Henderson.  Fitterer just made it happen at Rhule's request I'm thinking. 

Right now I think Fitterer's hands a bit tied with Rhule mainly calling the shots on personnel.  There's few coaches that can handle both ends of those duties and unless your name is Belichick, it's probably going to end badly.

Edited by 45catfan

24 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Every team...

I didn't say Tepper didn't have roster say.. I'd said Coaches usually have final roster say.. And most if not all GM'S (Except Gentlemen) get players that fit there coach desired philosophy..

No. You said only Gettleman has control as a GM. Not close to true. Many have final say on personnel. Now it usually has. A little more and you might get close to the truth. 

36 minutes ago, Toomers said:

No. You said only Gettleman has control as a GM. Not close to true. Many have final say on personnel. Now it usually has. A little more and you might get close to the truth. 

Playing semantics are we??

Or being vague for no reason.. We are talking about roster decision.   Just saying control is your stupid ass way of hiding the total waste of time you are... Wtf does just control mean?? Never mind idgaf at this point..

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Playing semantics are we??

Or being vague for no reason.. We are talking about roster decision.   Just saying control is your stupid ass way of hiding the total waste of time you are... Wtf does just control mean?? Never mind idgaf at this point..

Vague? You’re the one claiming all coaches have total control of every roster( except the NYG…lol) And your reason is they decide who plays so that is actually the control. Sure. Why not? Is the OC/DC really in charge because they decide what play and who gets the ball every play? 

You made up crap about the Steelers. Your TB drivel was pure fiction. And since you are getting embarrassed, you just slipped straight to lashing out as you always do when posters make you look ignorant 

13 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Vague? You’re the one claiming all coaches have total control of every roster( except the NYG…lol) And your reason is they decide who plays so that is actually the control. Sure. Why not? Is the OC/DC really in charge because they decide what play and who gets the ball every play? 

You made up crap about the Steelers. Your TB drivel was pure fiction. And since you are getting embarrassed, you just slipped straight to lashing out as you always do when posters make you look ignorant 

Waste of my time..

I've given you multiple examples and multiple reasons while you come up with absolutely nothing just naming teams that have been for years given the HC final say on the roster.. 

You haven't name 1 GM with a scheme or philosophy that drafts for their system instead of coaches.. You haven't name 1 GM who picks players cuts after training camp ends.. You haven't name 1 GM that runs the who is active and who is not on game day.. So where is the GM that has total "control" over the roster??

Edited by WOW!!

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Waste of my time..

I've given you multiple examples and multiple reasons why you come up with absolutely nothing just naming teams that have been for years given the HC final say on the roster.. 

You haven't name 1 GM with a scheme or philosophy that drafts for their system instead of coaches.. You haven't name 1 GM who picks players cuts after training camp ends.. You haven't name 1 GM that runs the who is active and who is not on game day.. So where is the GM that has total "control" over the roster??

Probably because saying a GM has a”system” or “scheme” is moronic. Anyone I’m speaking of hired the vision of the coach. Of course they choose towards that direction. Doesn’t mean they choose the exact player the HC wants in what round. Are all these HCs signing free agents? Why would any team have a GM or scouting department if the HC is just doing everything anyhow. 

You made up scenarios and flat out lied. With the same amount of factual research you never have. Was a see Arians statements about Licht? Here a hint. It’s completely opposite of what you made up. We never got to any more. That was two. How about Ballard, Lynch, Loomis, Robinson, Spielman, Telesco? That should keep you busy considering you don’t know who most of them are.