• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Florio & Rich Eisen discuss Rhule & Tepper

BlitzMonster

45 minutes ago, Ship said:

Hurney was kept, along with Ron because Tepper wanted to learn the personnel side of football management. He wanted to see them in action and make his own decision. Then he fired both of them.

That's like wanting to learn about acting and directing from Tommy Wisseau.

45 minutes ago, Ship said:

Hurney was kept, along with Ron because Tepper wanted to learn the personnel side of football management. He wanted to see them in action and make his own decision. Then he fired both of them.

Heres the real deal, Jerry gave one last non-lube to us fans. He had to sell cause "reasons", so he took his sweet time doing such. With nearly one month leftd before the start of training camp the sell was "finalized". No sane person would fire the HC and GM in such a short time frame. So Tepper had to keep them and everyone else on the playroll. He did that cause Marty was his guy. Once youre in a room with a brown-nose master as Herniay, no matter your strength you fall under his spell. Now we are still feeling the effect form Mr. Richardson....

Tepper claims to be about winning and that is BS. He’s about money. He got SC taxpayers to buy him a training center far away from where most of his players live. Then he won’t pay groundskeepers so he paves the playing field for plastic grass, causing career ending injuries. He’s not just cheap and greedy he’s stupid. Firing Rivera and hiring Rhule was moronic. 

• Beer 1

On 12/14/2021 at 11:53 PM, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not certain Tepper even had a clue that Hurney was a bad GM until Rhule came along.

(for whatever else you can say about Rhule, we do at least have to thank him for that)

Does he get that Rhule is bad? Don't know. He fell for Rhule's bullsh-t when he hired him. Does he still believe it? Who can say?

I'll give him that he did fire Rivera. Here's hoping that same clarity applies to Matt Rhule.

Rhule wasn't some coach we just hired out of the blue.  He was a very hot commodity and many of us including myself believe he was going to be our savior.   While I agree it is all a BS smokescreen now.  Initially most on this board were excited that we got him.  

I understood, kind of, why he kept Hurney after he bought the team.  Not happy about it but at least could understand the logic.

IMO we have a really good GM staff with Fitterer and Morgan so we are headed in the right direction there.  If we fire Rhule we HAVE TO hit on the next coach or we are going to be the Detroit south.  Every other year changing coaches.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Rhule wasn't some coach we just hired out of the blue.  He was a very hot commodity and many of us including myself believe he was going to be our savior.   While I agree it is all a BS smokescreen now.  Initially most on this board were excited that we got him.  

I understood, kind of, why he kept Hurney after he bought the team.  Not happy about it but at least could understand the logic.

IMO we have a really good GM staff with Fitterer and Morgan so we are headed in the right direction there.  If we fire Rhule we HAVE TO hit on the next coach or we are going to be the Detroit south.  Every other year changing coaches.

Not this guy I wanted nothing to do with him. Don’t never put me wanting that joke of a coach. I knew it was a terrible move from the start.

On 12/15/2021 at 5:52 PM, jerrya said:

Would like to see Sam run the Offense with the new OC

I would like to see a new QB, an OL that doesn't suck, a New Head Coach that knows what the f-ck he's doing, and for the Defense to...Play DEFENSE.

THAT'S what I want to see.

On 12/14/2021 at 3:53 PM, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not certain Tepper even had a clue that Hurney was a bad GM until Rhule came along.

(for whatever else you can say about Rhule, we do at least have to thank him for that)

Does he get that Rhule is bad? Don't know. He fell for Rhule's bullsh-t when he hired him. Does he still believe it? Who can say?

I'll give him that he did fire Rivera. Here's hoping that same clarity applies to Matt Rhule.

We can all be thankful that Rhule is really not making it hard on Tepper. He's absolutely horrible. Rivera at least could motivate a team to keep his job. No so with Rhule.