• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More from Jacksonville: Kicking the kicker

Mr. Scot

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well, if we're talking language, I got that from my Pee Wee coaches.

But even they never kicked me.

Some pee wee coaches were the worst because they were usually frustrated dummy holders in high school now coaching to make sure their kids get to play so the volunteer.  My dad was a Gamecock football player (tight end)- Dad actually signed with Montreal (CFL)--so he was no slouch. when I was playing, he was still in his 20s.  He once saw a coach slap me in the helmet very hard (from behind) and it nearly knocked me down--he was excited because I made a tackle or something.  Dad came out of the stands and told him the next hand he puts on a kid will result in him putting his hands on the coach.  The coach said, "I was not mad at him." Dad said, "oh, I know.  If I thought that this conversation would have never gotten started."  The coach never hit any of us again. 

Edited by MHS831

5 hours ago, CRA said:

“I’m the head ball coach, I’ll kick you whenever the fug I want”

what a POS.  But again, none of this is a shock.  Jags signed up for this.  

Oh if only that kicker had just slugged Meyer.  Just one good punch.  Meyer's career would have been over permanently.  Like forever.  Getting your ass handed to you by a kicker !   Oh the shame . . .

This seems like something that could be taken 2 ways.  Like, Meyer was probably doing all this jokingly.  I highly doubt dude just came up outta nowhere and maliciously booted his starting kicker in his plant leg, and then cussed him out.  Don't get me wrong here, im not defending Meyer at all, hes a douche nozzle...just saying it seems awful strange that a head coach, new to the job at this point, would come up and physically assault a player out of the blue, doesnt it?  Sounds like this was part of the full court press by the players to get Meyer canned.