• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton is now top 25 in all time Rushing Touchdowns

WarPanthers89

46 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Lol @Catsfan69 doesn't like me banning someone for a racist comment.

Is it a surprise? The guy is so eager to spend time being "objective" about Cam being lousy that he's admitted to posting on the huddle in this thread while driving in his car. 

Edited by X-Clown
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

Is it a surprise? The guy is so eager to spend time being "objective" about Cam being lousy that he's admitted to posting on the huddle in this thread while driving in his car. 

What's hard about talk to text?

Plus I never said he was lousy. I said he's not a HOFr.

Big difference there.

Edited by Catsfan69

4 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Big difference there.

Your argument for why he isn't a hofer appears to be that you would trade him for the best player to play the game and one of the best QBs ever in their primes...  And I still don't think the Panthers would risk a Cam trade in early 2016 for ANYONE at that point (keeping in mind you can't put Cam in a time machine to trade him with a decade younger Brady lol).  He was coming off one of the best single seasons ever and it was reasonable to think he could do it again.

Argue longevity if you want, imo that is the real rub here and where Cams campaign hits a snag.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Your argument for why he isn't a hofer appears to be that you would trade him for the best player to play the game and one of the best QBs ever in their primes...  And I still don't think the Panthers would risk a Cam trade in early 2016 for ANYONE at that point (keeping in mind you can't put Cam in a time machine to trade him with a decade younger Brady lol).  He was coming off one of the best single seasons ever and it was reasonable to think he could do it again.

Argue longevity if you want, imo that is the real rub here and where Cams campaign hits a snag.

During his run with us I probably would have traded him instantly for probably 8 to 12 other QBs. 

Not just one or two.

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

During his run with us I probably would have traded him instantly for probably 8 to 12 other QBs. 

Not just one or two.

Name the 12 QBs you of traded MVP Cam for lol….that would have masked all the holes Cam masked 

13 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Big difference there.

You literally posted that he can't throw, and have defended a racist poster more strongly than you've ever supported Cam. It's clear what you think, no need to soften your stance.

11 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Off the top of my head cause I am driving I might not get to 8.

Brady Big Ben Rivers Breese Wilson rogers Eli Pre Inury Payton 

The Panthers can't really go back in time to trade Cam for a pre injury Manning lol.  Or a prime Brady etc. Can only really compare to that time...

But ... Ben? Rivers?  Eli????? Just look at their years at that time...I posted the comparison... From his rookie year to 2015, Cam was rated as the third most valuable QB over that time behind only Brady and Wilson by PFR...  And Cam was very close to both of them in that period, and in 2015 was objectively better than either. It's why the Panthers wouldn't have traded him for anyone.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

26 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

You literally posted that he can't throw, and have defended a racist poster more strongly than you've ever supported Cam. It's clear what you think, no need to soften your stance.

Yes compared to all the QBs I listed he can't throw. 

He was a very good QB for us.

How exactly did I defend a racist. Be specific. 

6 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

The Panthers can't really go back in time to trade Cam for a pre injury Manning lol.  Or a prime Brady etc. Can only really compare to that time...

But ... Ben? Rivers?  Eli????? Just look at their years at that time...I posted the comparison... From his rookie year to 2015, Cam was rated as the third most valuable QB over that time behind only Brady and Wilson by PFR...  And Cam was very close to both of them in that period, and in 2015 was objectively better than either. It's why the Panthers wouldn't have traded him for anyone.

You're entitled to your opinion. 

But yes I would have taken them over Cam.

Young guys that aren't exactly his peers I'm taking Mahomes and a cleared of wrongdoing Watson over Cam at any point in his career as well.

And when you are willing to trade him for Non Hall guys like Rivers and Eli then he's not HOF.

25 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Off the top of my head cause I am driving I might not get to 8.

Brady Big Ben Rivers Breese Wilson rogers Eli Pre Inury Payton 

You are smoking, Eli manning you can’t be serious, again with Phillip rivers, you’d trade a guy who’s accomplished more regular and post season success for Phillip Rivers

good gawd, Big Ben ? Man you’d be fired immediately trying to trade cam back then for one of those guys 

12 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Beat me to it, well stated 

4 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

You are smoking, Eli manning you can’t be serious, again with Phillip rivers, you’d trade a guy who’s accomplished more regular and post season success for Phillip Rivers

good gawd, Big Ben ? Man you’d be fired immediately trying to trade cam back then for one of those guys 

Doesn't Eli have 2 Superbowl MVPs with his Rings?

Big Ben is way better than Cam and INEC.

Rivers much better passer.