• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do we even have to be excited about next year? The Panthers will end the season as one of the worst teams in the NFL.

hepcat

2 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Honestly the only way for excitement is trading for a QB like Wilson or who knows.  Even though with this line it won't matter.  Firing the coaching staff may bring some.  Yeah that's about it. 

Wilson would go scorched earth and retire to avoid being traded to this dumpster team

30 minutes ago, Gipetto said:

If you think this is the worse team in the NFL you clearly haven't watched any other team.

right now? today? 

what teams are worse?  Neutral field?  We probably are only favored vs the Jags and maybe Jets.  We are bottom 3.   Houston and the Lion are playing better football presently than us.  Giants a push/pickem. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Obviously, the place which offers the most money and the sweetheart stadium deal. There’s a plethora of options — St. Louis, Toronto and London (“London Panthers sounds good to us!” - @Panthers, 10/2019) are the front-runners. 

I’ve been hoping a team moves to Central TX for awhile now so I can abandon this trash team but if that team WAS the Panthers I would be so disheartened. 

10 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

When do you predict this will happen?

I appreciate your consecutive run of questions and am happy to continue the back-and-forth as long as you like. It will happen within the next 5-6 years, at most. 

To assist, here are some follow-up questions you can ask me:

- What will come of the stadium?
- Why will this happen?
- What makes you think Rhule is unqualified?

10 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I’ve been hoping a team moves to Central TX for awhile now so I can abandon this trash team but if that team WAS the Panthers I would be so disheartened. 

I live right outside of Charlotte. I don’t give a flying fug if they never play another down here. The only fun is in making fun of them. 

12 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I appreciate your consecutive run of questions and am happy to continue the back-and-forth as long as you like. It will happen within the next 5-6 years, at most. 

To assist, here are some follow-up questions you can ask me:

- What will come of the stadium?
- Why will this happen?
- What makes you think Rhule is unqualified?

It’s cute you feel credible. But I will be first in line to congratulate you if the team gets moved.

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Charlotte FC will definitely struggle to sell tickets. Aside from the fact the team will definitely be awful, no one in Charlotte cares about soccer.

By contrast, Austin FC was an expansion team last season. Austin had a built in soccer fanbase with a lot of Hispanics who already like soccer. They steered into that by making a bunch of the chants and team motto in Spanish. Result was Austin FC being 5th in attendance in their 1st season despite being a bad team. 

Charlotte FC might fold in 5 seasons with Tepper’s inept leadership. Side note - soccer on TURF? No thanks losers!

That's exactly it, the MLS is SOCCER, not (world) football.

It really doesn't matter if this league's SOCCER is played on turf or not because its a league for two kinds of players (1) those who aren't good enough to play in Europe and (2) those who WERE good enough to play in Europe but no longer are and make a few more millions with a year or two retirement tour in the MLS.

Its a low-quality product and the type of surface they play on is the least of its concerns.