• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft position now #6

hepcat

3 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

I'm torn about Pitt QB Kenny Pickett.

He looks like a good (but not great) prospect.  And the Panthers desperately need a competent starter at that position. 

But the LT talent at the top of this draft is just exceptional.  Not only would the team get a good starter there (which is crucial) but that would also push Christensen (and his stubby arms) to LG  - which the team has been saying all along was his best pro position.  So a double win.  

Pick a center in the 4rth and our line is magically fixed through the draft.  Funny how that works.  Run it back with sam and get the qb next draft.   Damn this isnt hard at all

12 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yep, but it’s not likely that Houston wins 2 (they have a way lower SOS already) or the Jets and Giants win 1. Seattle is more of a worry and kind of Chicago. I think both win this week but if their SOS goes up, it keeps us at 6 in case we pull an upset. WFT isn’t a danger and everyone else has 2 more wins. 

Arizona win takes us from 3rd to 7th or 8th....shoulda IRed Christian and let the XFL QB play the season out...prolly woulda saved Rhule job too....his pathetic arse has been completely exposed now after getting waxed the last 5 games.

48 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Well he didn't confirm it he just reposted the order from that website which I'm not sure is totally accurate. If the SOS between Seattle and Carolina is the same I think it goes to a coin flip.

I took his reposting it as confirmation. I've seen one or two other sources say the same thing.

Mind you, a lot of places don't update their info until the week is completely over. The Saints play tonight and their result affects our SOS.

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

If we could pry two 1sts from Philly (19 and 23 or if desperate 14 and 23), then we could potentially get Green and Penning. Would they be better than Cross or Ekwonu individually? A better LT or a LT and RG? I’m not “hoping” Brown suddenly becomes a starter. 

Philly would be dumb to do anything but stand pat. TBH, at this point I would rather just take a top OT and call it a day. 

The more cute we try to get with this crew of dipshits, the more they will probably cause a disaster.

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Pick a center in the 4rth and our line is magically fixed through the draft.  Funny how that works.  Run it back with sam and get the qb next draft.   Damn this isnt hard at all

That's exactly what I'd do.  

Teams can get a starting interior OL as late as the 3rd or 4th round.  And with a good OL and running game, Darnold would be fine as a game manager for 1 season.  Then go all in on the QB in 2023, which is supposed to be a pretty decent draft class.  

Just now, BlitzMonster said:

That's exactly what I'd do.  

Teams can get a starting interior OL as late as the 3rd or 4th round.  And with a good OL and running game, Darnold would be fine as a game manager for 1 season.  Then go all in on the QB in 2023, which is supposed to be a pretty decent draft class.  

Amen brother amen. 

If we would have gotten wirfs or wills 2 years ago we would be well on our way to a decent team but those dumb motherfugers tried to get cute.  Hopefully they have learned their lesson but who are we kidding?

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, stbugs said:

If all this teams like Pickett or Corral then they might have to trade up. What if Atlanta, Pittsburgh and WFT all like the same guy? Don’t forget Philly. Hurts is a very mediocre QB that can run. They won’t ever be a contender with him IMHO. This is their year to trade up and still have another 1st. There’s also NO and Denver who need QBs. From picks 9-16, most teams need a QB now or very soon (7 by my count). Jump up to 6 and make sure you get the top one.

I think when the dust settles on the evaluation process of these qbs no team is going to fall in love with any of them.  They all have serious flaws/limitations.   Mac Jones or Fields would be the #1 qb if they were in this class.   Its a bad year to hold a top ten pick and want to trade off of it.  Rightly so it should take a jaw dropping offer for us to move off of 6 (or 7).   Chicago offered a future 1 to us last year and we didnt bite so I doubt much has changed in that timeframe.  Suck up the missing 2nd and 3rd and just keep trying to build the best team possible and let that be a lesson that you dont trade for poo players in the NFL

From PFF big board:  Corral is the first qb ranked..........at 16 overall.  They are not blown away by this class

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-top-2022-nfl-draft-rankings-quarterbacks-kenny-pickett-matt-corral-sam-howell-malik-willis

Edited by mrcompletely11

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think when the dust settles on the evaluation process of these qbs no team is going to fall in love with any of them.  They all have serious flaws/limitations.   Mac Jones or Fields would be the #1 qb if they were in this class.   Its a bad year to hold a top ten pick and want to trade off of it.  Rightly so it should take a jaw dropping offer for us to move off of 6 (or 7).   Chicago offered a future 1 to us last year and we didnt bite so I doubt much has changed in that timeframe.  Suck up the missing 2nd and 3rd and just keep trying to build the best team possible and let that be a lesson that you dont trade for poo players in the NFL

I see your point, but I think desperate teams will reach.  Willis could be the first QB taken--mark my words.