• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coaching News

Mr. Scot

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Breer on the Panthers...

I think he’ll get a third year with the Panthers. The only thing that makes me hesitate on that would be how the postseason meeting with owner David Tepper goes. Tepper is very involved in Charlotte, and it’ll be interesting to see if he demands a certain level of change in staff. Rhule’s fiercely loyal to coaches he’s got long-term connections to (like coordinators Jeff Nixon and Phil Snow), and he’s brutally honest, so we’ll see how things go when owner and coach sit down and debrief.

I know people have been talking about the idea that Rhule would have to fire some of his current guys and hire outside his circle. Again, it's really hard to see that happening.

I've seen no evidence for this brutal honesty. I've seen a lot of blatant lying, finger pointing, and excuse making though.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, that one made me 🤔

I think Breer's got about as much info on what is happening in Carolina as do most big time sports writers -- not much at all. And as to what's going to happen, he's in the same boat as you and me. 

He obviously had much better connections into the other teams on his list. We're an enigma of a terrible team and paying out a monstrous contract versus the promise that things will improve mightily in year three.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, stbugs said:

I don’t see Thomas playing there again but I could be wrong. I’m not saying Payton is packing his bags but I could see him attracted to a young QB situation, again if say he was a big fan of Fields and they attempted to move up and get him. That’s a big if as well, just conjecture here.

Yea Thomas is up in the air, side note I recently seen where Calvin Riley is also up in the air. The young QB tease just doesnt seem like thats enough...unless the chargers needed a new HC. I mean the jags have what some feel is a _____ _____ young QB, I dont see Payton or any other big time coach begging for that job. I think hes got a good relationship going with GM Micky, whom like Payton is top 5. Team is full of talent, hes a god in that area, and they are paying him well. Why would one leave that? If Payton wanted to leave, Tepper should hand him a blank check. 

I am not sure Rhule wants to bring in people who are not proven to be loyal--loyalty is the priority of the inept leader--and anyone who challenges that authority is sacrificed.   I think Brady probably did that (internally) which might explain the timing of his firing--in bye-week meetings, Brady crossed a bridge that has a paranoid troll running it.