• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The only reason not to fire Rhule is money. Pure and simple.

hepcat

The team isn’t improving. They have gotten worse as the season has gone along. 

The team is getting destroyed every game and will end the season on a 7 game losing streak. 

The players have given up. They were even quitting early in the season! (See Giants game)

Tepper fired Rivera for far less than what Rhule has not accomplished. The team is worse now than in 2019 before they fired Rivera. 

The only reason not to erase this failure from our memories is the absolutely ridiculous and dumb 7 year contract Tepper gave to Rhule. What is it with this team dishing out guaranteed money to unproven guys?? Darnold gets his $19m option picked up after 3 seasons of being the worst QB in the NFL! Rhule gets a top 10 highest paid coaching salary with 1 year of NFL experience!

This team is seriously a clown show. If they don’t clean it up and stop embarrassing us with clown show decisions there won’t be many fans left in a few years when the clown car finally reaches the threshold of hell.

• Pie 8
  • Poo 1

I love how some ppl decide what's so easy to do with not your money...

I want Rhule fired but reality is he has huge money left on this deal (that none of us are paying) and none of us would be so quick to throw away money like that either...

He made the bed now we have to lay in it..

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I want Rhule fired but reality is he has huge money left on this deal (that none of us are paying) and none of us would be so quick to throw away money like that either...

They will lose money by keeping Rhule. Over time it could cost more money than firing him. 

Edited by OldNorthPowell
  • Pie 4
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Well they say his buy out is 25 million. And Tepper is worth 10 billion. That’s 0.25%.

So if you were worth 100,000 dollars would you spend 250 dollars to send Rhule packing?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Cdparr7 said:

Well they say his buy out is 25 million. And Tepper is worth 10 billion. That’s 0.25%.

So if you were worth 100,000 dollars would you spend 250 dollars to send Rhule packing?

Tepper is estimated to be worth 15-16 billion today.  That ten billion figure was what Tepper was worth when he purchased the Panthers.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

So you're good with throwing away 25 mil after 2 years on a 7 year investment..

He either knew it was going to be a process or he could have done just a 5 year deal ..

Either way it's even more stupid to do this deal for that much money and give up after 2 years..

Edited by WOW!!

Just now, WOW!! said:

So you're good with throwing away 25 mil after 2 years on a 7 year investment..

He either knew it was going to be a process or he could have done just a 5 year deal ..

If I was worth Tepper’s amount yes. Then again maybe that’s my personality.

I built a house a few years ago. Grass wasn’t working out. Fertilized, lime, over seeded. Got better but still garbage. Hired a landscaper the next year, didn’t do much better than me. Year 3 (ironically) it was torn up and sod put down. I learn to cut my losses.

If somethings not working don’t pour money down the well, force change.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

He might but it's not literally paying 5 more years on a 70 mil deal to a person sitting at Whatever University..

Jerry Richardson is almost a pauper in comparison to Dave Tepper.  Yet, JR fired Dom Capers as HC after signing the guy to a ten year contract.

If JR was willing to fire his first HC w/a ten year contract, there is no rational defense to be made for Dave hanging on to Matt Rhule, the worst HC in Panthers history.

Matt Rhule is sucking the life out of the Panthers franchise.

Dave Tepper refusing to cut his losses would be insanely stupid. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Cdparr7 said:

If I was worth Tepper’s amount yes. Then again maybe that’s my personality.

I built a house a few years ago. Grass wasn’t working out. Fertilized, lime, over seeded. Got better but still garbage. Hired a landscaper the next year, didn’t do much better than me. Year 3 (ironically) it was torn up and sod put down. I learn to cut my losses.

If somethings not working don’t pour money down the well, force change.

Yes but you went threw the process for longer then what you're asking Tepper to do now...

Let's also remember that Rhule 1st year was during a pandemic where he didn't get nearly the preperation and time normally given to new coaches.. No extra TC, Pre season or longer offseason.. Plus most of his team meetings and film sessions were done over the computer.. That's like buying a property and it being flooded for half the year before you can assets the damages to your original investment...

I've bought semi that were lemons when I bought them but I made that investment and had to Atleast put work into them before making them a total loss.. It happens in all business.. But you never dump a investment with this much money to soon..

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Jerry Richardson is almost a pauper in comparison to Dave Tepper.  Yet, JR fired Dom Capers as HC after signing the guy to a ten year contract.

If JR was willing to fire his first HC w/a ten year contract, there is no rational defense to be made for Dave hanging on to Matt Rhule, the worst HC in Panthers history.

Matt Rhule is sucking the life out of the Panthers franchise.

Dave Tepper refusing to cut his losses would be insanely stupid. 

Yeah I the cards cut losses with Wilks after a season they are doing fine. There have been plenty of coaches with better and shorter tenures released. It’s all about improvement and there isnt any. No direction, no plan. Rhule gets caught lying in just about every press conference or contradicting himself from the previous day. There’s a new “poo the bed moment” each week with this group.

• Pie 2