• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett at 5/6

davos

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Personally, I think we will try to build the OL in free agency and we will take Pickett.  Not sure how I feel about it. 

If the Panthers can (a big if) address the protection issue through free agency and via the trade market as well, i can see them selecting  Pitt QB Kenny Pickett with their # 6 draft selection.

I realize that most speculate this is not the year for a bonafide franchise QB to come out of the draft, but each year there is at least one viable starting quarterback prospect.

While no clear-cut prospect has emerged above the rest, Pitt Panthers’ QB Kenny Pickett  will probably be the one to do so.

Pro Scouts contend Pickett spent an extra year developing at Pitt, and it served the him well, which catapulted him into the first-round conversation.

He was highly productive in his final season, flashing accuracy, smart decision-making, and sneaky athletic ability. The Panthers shouldn’t hesitate to select Pickett if he’s still available with their first-round selection if they can somehow solve the current OL problem.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I'm a fan of drafting Oline but what about KC?

Didn't they revamp some of it through FA and trades?

They signed one free agent.  He was a doozy.  They had to "overpay" because they are in win now mode.  The paid a kings ransom for him

5 years 80 million  32guarenteed    Thats hefty for a 29 year old but I get why they did it. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/news/kansas-city-chiefs-sign-guard-joe-thuney

Edited by mrcompletely11

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

They signed one free agent.  He was a doozy.  They had to "overpay" because they are in win now mode.  The paid a kings ransom for him

5 years 80 million  32guarenteed    Thats hefty for a 29 year old but I get why they did it. 

Rhule will throw 5 years, $80 million and $32 million guaranteed at Mariota

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

and traded for another, and I think Wylie who was drafted by another team has also played a good bit this year.

So for a decent amount of the year they have two of their own draft picks start on the line, a second and 6th rounder.   Whereas we have had a 2nd and 3rd.