• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This can be a playoff team next year if we bring Cam back......

tukafan21

1 hour ago, Barney said:

once he started getting injured due to not knowing how to slide and then getting concussed

If you're going to troll at least get your facts right. Any hits to the head were within the pocket because our oline was a mess more often than not and now not only is it not any better it's somehow worse with different decision makers.

• Flames 1

9 hours ago, Shaqil915 said:

Lol, how do you assume Houston to be a backup gig?

As for "Playoff QB", I don't know what that means, considering Big Ben's been tripping over himself all season and is in the playoffs. For starter, if Darnold is a starter next season, then yes, Cam's still a starter in this league.

Because they signed Tyrod Taylor, when Cam was also available, to start? And why would Cam turn down a starting gig at that stage? Also, agents put poo like this out all the time. ‘Leak’ some nebulous half-truths and hope to drive some demand. That tweet could also be read as “they wanted to sign him as a tight end” — there’s purposefully little to no info content. 

Playoff QB = good enough to take his current team to the playoffs. Cam and Sam aren’t anywhere close. And though Ben was helped by a team, his play was miles above either Cam’s or Sam’s this year. 

Re: starter, if you want to benchmark him to Darnold, who may start solely due to Panthers dysfunction, then fine, but he’s not one of the best 32 on the planet anymore. Neither is Sam.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

If you're going to troll at least get your facts right. Any hits to the head were within the pocket because our oline was a mess more often than not and now not only is it not any better it's somehow worse with different decision makers.

Uhm maybe get your facts straight.  He got concussed when he pulled up heading into the endzone against Atlanta so he could have one of his famous "look at me showboat moments"  But you bring up another point with you Camheads.  It was always someone else's fault with y'all when he did not play well.  Offensive line got blamed for him holding onto the ball too long quite often.  

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Barney said:

I don't know, but there sure seem to be plenty of Cam fluffers around here.   The backward logic I keep hearing is that if Sam if a starter than Cam is a starter.  Sam is not so therefore Cam is no with this logic.  I hope that helps the Cam-addicts begin to move on.  

Hahahaha, see the post (right on queue) replying to me above. 

“The Panthers abject dysfunction at the QB position for the past 2 years validates Cam as a starter, never mind that there are 35-40 QBs across the other 31 teams who are better than both” 

1 hour ago, Barney said:

Uhm maybe get your facts straight.  He got concussed when he pulled up heading into the endzone against Atlanta so he could have one of his famous "look at me showboat moments"  But you bring up another point with you Camheads.  It was always someone else's fault with y'all when he did not play well.  Offensive line got blamed for him holding onto the ball too long quite often.  

Yeah one time the majority of the hits to the head were within the pocket he was headhunted in the Super Bowl and the 2016 season opener and that was truly the beginning of the end because teams knew the refs would let it slide. There are less than a handful of "Cam heads" here the majority like myself are very much aware of where he now stands as a starting quarterback. I had already long accepted what was and anticipated retirement for him. We wouldn't even be talking about this again if Matt Rhule hadn't fell flat on his face in attempting to locate his own starting quarterback. Your little shtick may get pie from Falcons fans but most people think you are a dinosaur still parroting the same tired old man takes about showboating.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Borat said:

It’s so bizarre to me when people take agent ‘leaks’ at face value vs. using their noodles.

Why do you care so much about Cam Newton? If I spent any amount of time on a Falcons board complaining about Matt Ryan I would seek therapy.

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

Why do you care so much about Cam Newton? If I spent any amount of time on a Falcons board complaining about Matt Ryan I would seek therapy.

Family is from Cary / Apex, and I've followed Cam since he was in HS. He and I also have the same favorite team ;). 

Just now, Borat said:

Family is from Cary / Apex, and I've followed Cam since he was in HS. He and I also have the same favorite team ;).

Well then it's odd you're connected at the hip with old timers venting about athletes (gasp) having fun in a football game. I wish this atrocious team had anything worth celebrating again. But some folks are okay with their team being a doormat if they don't have to see an athlete that makes them feel uncomfortable anymore.

18 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

This gotta be top 5 dumbest post 

why the hell else would it clearly state cam is 0-13 in his last 13 starts as a panther if it wasn’t specifically blaming him, notice how his wins for the pats aren’t present in said stat.

it’s like I’m talking to Matt Rhule jr

It's not even as close to as dumb as saying this team....this dumpster fire of a team...can be a playoff team next year with Cam at QB.  I know the storyline for the first half of the season was "we're just a QB away from competing", "Darnold is 99% of this team's problems", "if we had even competent QB play then we'd be a playoff team", etc...but I can't imagine anyone truly believes that at this point, after the way our season ended.

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

Well then it's odd you're connected at the hip with old timers venting about athletes (gasp) having fun in a football game. I wish this atrocious team had anything worth celebrating again. But some folks are okay with their team being a doormat if they don't have to see an athlete that makes them feel uncomfortable anymore.

Huh? I have zero problem with Cam’s ‘behavior’ (if it’s even fair to call it that). NFL needs more personality + fun. Cam was good for the league. 

Edited by Borat