• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Look for big moves this offseason in free agency. Samir will be dishing out a lot of voided year contracts... and thats fine.

thunderraiden

22 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

KK short was restrcutured before Samir was here. Samir didnt take over cap duties full time until June 2020 (Not in on the CMC deal or Boston, those were MH).  During Tepper's interview on after he hired Samir (and Pat Stewart), he said that he wants Samir and PAt to learn the current oeprating model before jumping in and making any changes. They officially started to take on their role at the begining of the 2020 season. 

We dont owe RA 20 million, that is just false. We already paid the majority of his signing bonus. 

The players chosen to be signed are not Samir's responsibiltiies, he is the one that makes the financials work. Stop trolling dude.

And part of that restructure was 13M in base salary. He already had 17M in dead cap. So instead of only paying(cap wise) 17M to cut him. They gave him 13M which made it 30M for that last couple games. I’m sure he had nothing to do with anything wrong. Or maybe anything at all. Or is it just the good moves. This front office says a lot of things that aren’t true. Someone different is in charge of every move. 

Here’s Robbie’s deal. 16.8M for 2022. You have to pay him this year if you want to cut him 3.8M. That’s 20.6M. Or you can cut him now for a 15M. 15M you didn’t owe before the extension. And he  ever played a snap past his first deal. Great move. 

Current Contract

Robby Anderson signed a 2 year, $29,500,000 contract with the Carolina Panthers, including a $11,510,000 signing bonus, $20,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $14,750,000. In 2022, Anderson will earn a base salary of $10,000,000, a roster bonus of $2,800,000 and a workout bonus of $200,000, while carrying a cap hit of $16,836,666 and a dead cap value of $15,673,334.

CONTRACT TERMS:2 yr(s) / $29,500,000 SIGNING BONUS$11,510,000 AVERAGE SALARY$14,750,000 GTD AT SIGN:$20,500,000 TOTAL GTD:$20,500,000 FREE AGENT:2024 / UFA
  BONUS BREAKDOWN CAP DETAILS CASH DETAILS  
YEAR   AGE BASE SALARY SIGNING ROSTER WORKOUT CAP HIT DEAD CAP YEARLY CASH
2021 Contract details by year 28 $990,000 $7,836,666 - - $8,826,666 $24,500,000 $12,500,000($12,500,000)  
2022 Contract details by year 29 $10,000,000 $3,836,666 $2,800,000 $200,000 $16,836,666 $15,673,334 $13,000,000($25,500,000)

POTENTIAL OUT: 2023, 1 YR, $13,000,000; $3,836,668 DEAD CAP

2023 Contract details by year 30 $8,800,000 $3,836,668 $3,000,000 $200,000 $15,836,668 $3,836,668 $12,000,000($37,500,000)
2024 Free Agent Year 31 UFA  
Contract Notes:
  • $20.5M guaranteed (signing bonus + 2021 salary + $8M of 2022 salary)
  • 2022 Roster Bonus: $2.8M
  • 2023 Roster Bonus: $3M
Edited by Toomers
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

This is exactly why I stay out of the cap conversations. I've never followed the money and leave that to the ones that do.

Bottom line is we'll have some cap space and we need to use it on top tier free agents. 

NVM.

Edited by Toomers

6 minutes ago, Toomers said:

1. And part of that restructure was 13M in base salary. He already had 17M in dead cap. So instead of only paying(cap wise) 17M to cut him. They gave him 13M which made it 30M for that last couple games. I’m sure he had nothing to do with anything wrong. Or maybe anything at all. Or is it just the good moves. This front office says a lot of things that aren’t true. Someone different is in charge of every move. 

2. Here’s Robbie’s deal. 16.8M for 2022. You have to pay him this year if you want to cut him 3.8M. That’s 20.6M. Or you can cut him now for a 15M. 15M you didn’t owe before the extension. And he  ever played a nap past his first deal. 

1. What does that have to do with Samir? This is completely off topic.

2. Im not having this conversation again. There are literaly 2 posts already discussing this that I posted. 

Edited by TheCasillas

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

1. What does that have to do with Samir? This is completely off topic.

2. Im not having this conversation again. There are literaly 2 posts already discussing this that I posted. 

Was Samir not here in the Summer of 2020 when they gave KK anther year? Or did he happen to miss work that day. @stbugs will gladly tell you the same thing. 

And like you calling Samir a “savage”, there is just no evidence it’s true. The umber are on the freakin page. Plain as day. What did I specifically get wrong. I’ve had no problem showing you and the other one foolish. 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We absolutely cannot restructure CMC. Restructuring aging and/or injury prone players is a big part of what got Hurney in such cap hell.

Trade CMC. Chubba and Abdullah will be just fine. We need a QB and an OL. RB is not where we should spend cap.

• Poo 2

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Was Samir not here in the Summer of 2020 when they gave KK anther year? Or did he happen to miss work that day. @stbugs will gladly tell you the same thing. 

And like you calling Samir a “savage”, there is just no evidence it’s true. The umber are on the freakin page. Plain as day. What did I specifically get wrong. I’ve had no problem showing you and the other one foolish. 

Dude, this will be my last reply to you.... because you are literally pulling poo out of your ass.

KK Short was restructured in 2019... Samir wasnt here during that period.

Samir is a savage. The guy takes no poo.

image.png.8e8aa28530563a1f76fe03dbb12bff66.png

2 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Trade CMC. Chubba and Abdullah will be just fine. We need a QB and an OL. RB is not where we should spend cap.

Trading CMC would cost just as much money as keeping him. the other team would have to take on some of the financials dedicated to CMC for it to be worth it.

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Trading CMC would cost just as much money as keeping him. the other team would have to take on some of the financials dedicated to CMC for it to be worth it.

Yeah…I mean he’s not chopped liver. If he stays healthy he’s probably one of the best 2-3 RBs in the league. 

Some other team will be able to figure out how to appropriately use him. They’ll pay for it too in the form of his entire contract and a day 2 pick. Eagles, LAR….a team that basically falls a little short. I could see the Rams saying “we need more weapons for Stafford.” 

2 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Yeah…I mean he’s not chopped liver. If he stays healthy he’s probably one of the best 2-3 RBs in the league. 

Some other team will be able to figure out how to appropriately use him. They’ll pay for it too in the form of his entire contract and a day 2 pick. Eagles, LAR….a team that basically falls a little short. I could see the Rams saying “we need more weapons for Stafford.” 

BR reported today we could fetch a 1st for him. They think his value would go up due to a bidding war. His value alon with a single deal would be a day 2 pick, but the demand for him would drive up the price. 

They listed the following teams as teams who would trade a 1st for him:

1. Rams
2. Chiefs
3. WFT
4. Jets (early 2nd and 3rd)

Edited by TheCasillas

I doubt anyone trades for CMC just because of the financials.  I think we can cut him after next season.  If that happens, he will definitely get a cheaper deal somewhere else.

I think there's basically 2 possibilities.  CMC comes back and has a monster year, and we keep him.  Or, he is unable to stay on the field next season and we end up releasing him for cap reasons.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Dude, this will be my last reply to you.... because you are literally pulling poo out of your ass.

KK Short was restructured in 2019... Samir wasnt here during that period.

Samir is a savage. The guy takes no poo.

image.png.8e8aa28530563a1f76fe03dbb12bff66.png

Where do you think all that restructure money went. They did it in 2018 as well. Resulting in base salaries of 13M for 2020 and 2021. And 17M on dead cap to account for. Plenty of threads from when it happened. I never said one time Samir restructured. But they gave him 13M for 2020 and still had to eat 17M over 2020-2021. 

You’re answering questions I never asked. Mainly because you know you can’t dispute the real ones. We had so many discussion on this I don’t even have to look it up. But we can go to the tape any time you want. 

28 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I doubt anyone trades for CMC just because of the financials.  I think we can cut him after next season.  If that happens, he will definitely get a cheaper deal somewhere else.

I think there's basically 2 possibilities.  CMC comes back and has a monster year, and we keep him.  Or, he is unable to stay on the field next season and we end up releasing him for cap reasons.

The Browns took on a 5-year $90 million contract and gave up a starting safety, #17 overall and a 3rd rounder for OBJ. All after he basically publicly stated he had no desire to play for their organization. 

CMC is a pro bowler if he stays healthy. If he’s used right (which apparently we’re incapable of doing) he could play another 5 years as a RB/WR. 

He played like 4 games this year and finished with 100 yards/game rushing. He’s a stud. Unfortunately he’s being wasted here. 

So yeah…someone is going to give up a high draft pick and take that en-tire contract. 

Our boy Marty Hurney is in WFT and they are losing McKissic this year. Heinicke didn’t have a bad year and if there is ANY philosophy that Hurney believes in more than building a solid team around a mediocre QB idk what it is…

It wouldn’t shock me AT ALL if Hurney tried to trade for CMC as “the missing piece.” 

Top 3 Hurneyisms:

1. Always have expensive RBs 

2. Build a solid D with as many 1st round LBs as possible

3. If I could only find Jake Delhomme 2.0 we could get that super bowl.

Edited by unicar15
  • Beer 1