• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I have a question

ladypanther

54 minutes ago, blackcat said:

@ladypanther Unfortunately, they 'thought' they addressed the OL with Erving and Elfline.  They were terribly wrong on that.  

Pretty much.

Even Matt Rhule isn't stupid enough to just completely ignore the position.

He is, however, dumb enough to think that versatility over all else is what makes for a great offensive line.

I am skeptical about Rhule's talent evaluation of O-linemen. That being said, this off-season will tell the story. I think that last off-season they were doing the best that they could on the cheap. I would hate to believe that Rhule believed his own bullshit when selling us on the idea of glorified dogshit. If he did, he's a lost cause. That being said, I would've respected him and Fitterer more if they said that they were giving fringe guys an opportunity to show that they were capable of being quality starters and we'll see how it works out. I would've respected him even more if he had said during mid season that we are going to see if we can't get better O-line play from the younger guys by letting them play once it was established that the vets weren't getting it done.

3 hours ago, ladypanther said:

So now...everyone (Panther staff) says we need to build the oline. Fitt says you build a team with the oline and dline.  What the heck were they doing last year?  Why did they just wake up and have this revelation?  Teddy was sacked a bunch. And why do you think he had all those short throwS?. Had to get the ball out quick. Anytime it was crunch time the oline crumbled. Then they went out and got a QB who was considered a failure who had played behind a terrible oline.  They did the same thing to him.  This just baffles me. Now they say it is important????

Two words, Matt Rhule.