• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers finish as the fourth most undisciplined team in the league

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Casillas last man in the fort

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Coached by predominantly college coaches who should be used to dealing with younger players...

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Yet we are still inferior to the league's worst teams like the Jaguars Jets and Lions. We're even worse than the Falcons.

lol the list means nothing. Look at the teams at the bottom who has the same discipline score as us....

image.png.c45a8c44d30e7ff873cb2efc5aa8ee1b.png

Half of the teams at the bottom within .1 of us are in the playoffs. I get our coaching staff sucks, but this stat proves nothing. Its knitpick data. 

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

lol the list means nothing. Look at the teams at the bottom who has the same discipline score as us....

Half of the teams at the bottom within .1 of us are in the playoffs. I get our coaching staff sucks, but this stat proves nothing. Its knitpick data. 

It wasn't nitpicking when it was costing us drives (and subsequently, games).

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I don't know man that .1 man is like...sorted in the chart and poo

I would normally be with you on stuff that marginal but I have lost all leeyway. Fhule gets nathing.

My eyes! The goggles do nothing! : r/Planetside

Edited by Fox007

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

It wasn't nitpicking when it was costing us drives (and subsequently, games).

the delta of penalties per game from 1 to 32 is 3.2 total penalties per game and 20 yards.  What this chart proves is that its not the amount of penalties committed that decides win or lose, its the timing of the penalties that is committed. 

If all of the teams who are winners and best in the league were at the top.. then yes. Discipline actually means something from a  data perspective. However, this chart has a ton of inconsisitencies when compared to winning records.

We didnt need a "discipline" chart to understand that penalties costed us drives and games. poo, Id rather see a chart that demonstrates "true penalty %"  

We all know we had drives taken from us by the zebras.

I mean the reason we are ranked where we are is we have among the most turnovers in the NFL per game (tied for 2nd most I believe), and also have a relatively high number of penalties (bottom third of the league).

Worth noting we also were pretty bad in takeaways this year, with half as many as some playoff teams.

• Pie 1