• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After today, everyone should understand you need a QB

AU-panther

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No alpha... 😂

Dafuq does that even mean? That's something I imagine someone like Rhule saying to justify not drafting someone and then still reiterating it after the guy has an All-Pro rookie season.

What I'm trying to say here is you aren't getting the type of prospect you want at #6. The guy who checks all the physical boxes, played well at the college level, projects well at the NFL level, and knocks it out of the park on the whiteboard and during the interview process. That guy goes #1 overall.

I know your boy Howell is in the mix and that's probably skewing your thoughts.  What I meant by no alpha is there's not a clear-cut, low risk--almost can't miss--prospect.  So by your assessment if the top QB went at say pick #12, you've nailed your next franchise QB because he's the first one off the board?  News flash, the lower the top positional player goes, usually is an indication of how weak the overall positional class is.

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I know your boy Howell is in the mix and that's probably skewing your thoughts.  What I meant by no alpha is there's not a clear-cut, low risk--almost can't miss--prospect.  So by your assessment if the top QB went at say pick #12, you've nailed your next franchise QB because he's the first one off the board?  News flash, the lower the top positional player goes, usually is an indication of how weak the overall positional class is.

I've said it until I'm blue in the face, but you aren't getting that type of guy at #6 anyway. So why keep harping on it?

If you still believe in "can't miss prospects", can I interest you in some oceanfront property in Kansas?

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No alpha... 😂

Dafuq does that even mean? That's something I imagine someone like Rhule saying to justify not drafting someone and then still reiterating it after the guy has an All-Pro rookie season.

What I'm trying to say here is you aren't getting the type of prospect you want at #6. The guy who checks all the physical boxes, played well at the college level, projects well at the NFL level, and knocks it out of the park on the whiteboard and during the interview process. That guy goes #1 overall.

Exactly.

What if next year's class has 4 guys that are all more "alpha" but they get drafted before us and the 5th QB we pick is a worse prospect then the 1st or 2nd QB this year.

In reality all of these people who are wanting to wait for a better class of QBs, should also be preaching for us to go full blown tank.  Wanting a "can't miss' QB and being competitive this year aren't really two compatible agendas.

1 minute ago, AU-panther said:

Also there is no guarantee that next year's class will have a better prospect where we are picking, then this year.

Rhules first 2 draft picks:  Pick 8.  Pick 6

Sam Darnold first 4 seasons:  Pick 3. Pick 11.  Pick 2. Pick 6

would you believe me if I told you I had a crystal ball

We are drafting top 5 next year, possibly top 3 and a boxers chance at #1

take it to the bank

The more I think about it the more I think Tepper is just going to let Rhule take the hit this season and start over in 2023

1 minute ago, AU-panther said:

Exactly.

What if next year's class has 4 guys that are all more "alpha" but they get drafted before us and the 5th QB we pick is a worse prospect then the 1st or 2nd QB this year.

In reality all of these people who are wanting to wait for a better class of QBs, should also be preaching for us to go full blown tank.  Wanting a "can't miss' QB and being competitive this year aren't really two compatible agendas.

These folks would miss on Burrow because he doesn't have a cannon arm. They'd miss on Murray because he's too short.

There are very few check every box QB prospects and they go #1 overall when they come along and the team sitting at #1 doesn't even listen to trade offers.

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The 1st QB at 12 this year could have a higher grade than the 5th QB next year at 12.  Ranking is irrelevant, all that matters is grade.

If next years class is so talented they might be gone by the time we pick.  Everyone talks about this past class being so talented but the fact is only 2 of the top 5 were available where we picked.  

You can't compare Trevor and Wilson to next years class because they weren't available.

In reality the comparison is more like:

Fields and Jones vs Howell, Corral, Pickett, Willis.  When you look at it like that it doesn't look as different.

5 minutes ago, Growl said:

this feels like extreme revisionism

2020: Burrow, Tua and Herbert...all were considered can't miss prospects.  Yes, 3 is rare, but at least 2 Qbs nearly every draft class.  I have yet to see the praises sung of Corral and Pickett.  Don't get it twisted, these are the only two that have a shot at #6.  Reach isn't a strong enough word to describe Howell and Willis at #6.  Desperate would be more accurate.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

These folks would miss on Burrow because he doesn't have a cannon arm. They'd miss on Murray because he's too short.

There are very few check every box QB prospects and they go #1 overall when they come along and the team sitting at #1 doesn't even listen to trade offers.

Burrow doesnt have a cannon?  Say what?  His arm is damn good.  Unless you are referring to canon a la Allen or Herbert

Just now, 45catfan said:

2020: Burrow, Tua and Herbert...all were considered can't miss prospects.  Yes, 3 is rare, but at least 2 Qbs nearly every draft class.  I have yet to see the praises sung of Corral and Pickett.  Don't get it twisted, these are the only two that have a shot at #6.  Reach isn't a strong enough word to describe Howell and Willis at #6.  Desperate would be more accurate.

lol no they weren’t, and they especially weren’t on this board where your demographic of people were decrying it as a weak QB class.

that absolutely is revisionism

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Exactly.

Rhule is still here, that won't be too difficult.