• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Lombardi's 7 QB Qualities

Icege

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s just discussion for this board on how these traits relate to this QB class. No one is saying it’s groundbreaking or looking for an argument about Lombardi…

And like you said in your first post. It makes sense. It’s a common sense. So why cite a source lacking credibility and paste a wall of text to prove something no one disagrees with? As I asked, when did the Teddy defending start? Because that’s one thing I guaranteed was in there. Was I right? 

11 minutes ago, Toomers said:

And like you said in your first post. It makes sense. It’s a common sense. So why cite a source lacking credibility and paste a wall of text to prove something no one disagrees with? As I asked, when did the Teddy defending start? Because that’s one thing I guaranteed was in there. Was I right? 

It’s just a topic for discussion. Like you said it’s common sense, but dumb ass Rhule has said Darnold doesn’t need to be our leader with players like CMC here. So while many of us think that it’s common sense our coach is an idiot. Yeah you were right about Teddy. You tend to be a realist on this board. I am hopefully optimistic, but know when to admit a mistake and move on. So if you had to pick a QB to draft, which one would you go with? 

• Beer 1

I question whether Matt Rhule is smart enough to realize it, but by far his best bet for longevity is drafting the best rookie QB available. If you draft an OL at #6 and trot Darnold out there you're getting fired. If you draft an OL and go after another luke warm at best vet bandaid, you're getting fired. If you draft a promising rookie QB and sign some legit vet IOL help and improve to 7-8 wins you probably get another year.

It comes down to tools and coaching.  We've seen coaches who have maximized limited QBs to be successful in the NFL.  While there are guys like Rodgers who can do what he wants because of his success, there are so many more who need to be propped up by a system.  Would Mahomes be as successful on the Raiders?  Or Josh Allen in Jacksonville?  Much less anyone in Detroit?

You have to have a good coach who creates an environment for the player to be successful.

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s just a topic for discussion. Like you said it’s common sense, but dumb ass Rhule has said Darnold doesn’t need to be our leader with players like CMC here. So while many of us think that it’s common sense our coach is an idiot. Yeah you were right about Teddy. You tend to be a realist on this board. I am hopefully optimistic, but know when to admit a mistake and move on. So if you had to pick a QB to draft, which one would you go with? 

The problem is the credited source is someone with as poor a resume as Rhule ,in these areas. And he wrote a book? 

There are no scenarios or picks that make sense when a team is literally using a coaches “lame-duck” as a reason for hope. Wouldn’t take any of them at 6. Strong or Howell after 15 is as high as I’d go. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, d-dave said:

It comes down to tools and coaching.  We've seen coaches who have maximized limited QBs to be successful in the NFL.  While there are guys like Rodgers who can do what he wants because of his success, there are so many more who need to be propped up by a system.  Would Mahomes be as successful on the Raiders?  Or Josh Allen in Jacksonville?  Much less anyone in Detroit?

You have to have a good coach who creates an environment for the player to be successful.

I think elite talent at QB is actually more important than the coach. Just look how long Cam floated Ron and company. You just can't coach the stuff that Cam did in his prime and guys like Mahomes and Allen are doing currently.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Verge said:

Not to contradict because this is a good thread but 

Patrick Mahomes college record: 
13-19 

Josh Allen college record: 
16-11 

Aaron Rodgers college record: 
18-8 

fwiw, the A/Y

Mahomes: 8.3