• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer on the Panthers quarterback options

Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, ThPantherFan said:

Makes the best sense.

It’s the only feasible option.   I keep seeing this vet qb signing hot take and my question is who?   Who are we getting and why would we sign another vet to a multi year deal?  Wtf is the point of that.  Roll with darnold come hell or high water.  

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 3

So people are thinking a coach with roster control on the hot seat is going to roll with Darnold again? Hell he should have just resigned and took a college job. Unless Tepper some how takes away Rhule’s roster control, I don’t see him putting his job on the line with Darnold… 

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So people are thinking a coach with roster control on the hot seat is going to roll with Darnold again? Hell he should have just resigned and took a college job. Unless Tepper some how takes away Rhule’s roster control, I don’t see him putting his job on the line with Darnold… 

I think it's highly likely that he swings for a top tier vet option (again), gets laughed at (again), then settles for grossly overpaying for a bargain bin level vet (again). This will likely rinse and repeat until he's fired.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think it's highly likely that he swings for a top tier vet option (again), gets laughed at (again), then settles for grossly overpaying for a bargain bin level vet (again). This will likely rinse and repeat until he's fired.

Jimmy G… ugh. Let’s put an injury prone QB behind this line and see what happens. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

I do not think any elite talent at the QB position would be willing to play for the Panthers right now, even if we did fix the o-line.  On paper it seems that with some serviceable play up front we could be a strong offense, but Rhule is such an obvious piece of trash that I don't think anyone would want to play for him.

There's so many better landing spots right now. No vet with other good options is coming here to play for a coach who looks way in over his head, is probably on the hot seat, and if you're a QB behind a terrible OL. Like our sorry OL additions showed last year, the only vets we're getting are the ones we're willing to overpay - and we were nowhere near as bad of a destination last year since the Panthers were generally competitive last year on the way to an overall poor W-L record. We weren't competitive this year and the deeper into the season we got the worse we looked. Not good.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Can we confirm that Rhule is actually able to identify "top tier talent" when it comes to the quarterback position?

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Patsinger said:

Garopolo wouldn't be the worst option, but I still think we have to take a QB in round 1

If he was a cheap FA, I’d be ok. Giving up picks/players for him plus his cost seems like a bad move to me. If we want a vet just sign a FA like Mitch or Mariotta.