• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFLPA Collegiate Bowl

CPantherKing

5 minutes ago, Dilla said:

Lance went to NDSU, which is the most dominant FCS football team in the last decade. Alabama A&M is a HBCU, which don't get NFL scouts down there that often (Jackson State will probably change that as long as Deion is there tho).

I would really like to see Glass and Kelley at the combine. Neither will probably be invited sadly.

Got it. Yeah I don’t see many HBCU QBs that have been drafted lately…

44 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Glass and Kelley look special and attract respect from players and coaches.

Garbers has put the work in for the NFL.

Oladokun underperformed from what I expected.

The others were as expected.

I knew about Kelley and his journey. He exceeded my expectations. Showed why he won the Walter Payton award. He needs touch, has a slower release than most and lacks some poise in the redzone.

Glass will be in another game in a few weeks. HBCU Legacy Bowl.

Can't wait to get a chance to watch the game.

I'm very high on Aqeel Glass and Cole Kelley. To hear that they performed well makes me even more excited to see them push some of the more common names.

Oladokun will be interesting to evaluate. His numbers terrify me.

20 minutes ago, Dilla said:

Lance went to NDSU, which is the most dominant FCS football team in the last decade. Alabama A&M is a HBCU, which don't get NFL scouts down there that often (Jackson State will probably change that as long as Deion is there tho).

I would really like to see Glass and Kelley at the combine. Neither will probably be invited sadly.

Aqeel Glass participated in the HBCU Combine this weekend as well as the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl.

I don't think he needs to participate in the NFL Combine if he's satisfied with his numbers tbh.

Edited by Icege

27 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Well I hope our scouts do their research on Glass. He looks like he has a lot of potential.

With the transfer portal, covid, and athlete compensation now, I think scouts can't rely on big school QBs like they have over the past 2 decades. Scouts have to follow these players jumping from school to school even more now.

Talent level among skill positions is getting to be even among FCS and FBS. FBS will always have the size in the trenches though.

I think players intangibles will shine more. Like Dee Anderson going from LSU to Alabama A&M and Cole Kelley going from Arkansas to Southeastern Louisiana. There is something I like and believe translates well about the players that leave a crowded talent pool with a team like Ohio State or Georgia to be part of a program rebuild as the team leadership. Jermaine Johnson going from Georgia to FSU by choice is an example. That translates well to the NFL imo.

Edited by CPantherKing
  • Pie 1

14 minutes ago, stbugs said:

If he gets invited, he has to go. I’m sorry, but it would be a terrible mistake not to go if you are draftable. If you aren’t really good enough, that’s a risk but assuming he is, you would never turn down the NFL Combine.

I had misread at the time of that post and thought that both the HBCU Combine + Collegiate Bowl were in Bama. Looks like Glass chose the Collegiate Bowl (which was in Cali) and can still go to the NFL Combine.

Also still waiting on a compiled list from the HBCU Combine. There's been a couple of tweets for some of the players that caught the eyes' of coaches but nothing thorough nor easily displayable.

Edited by Icege

6 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

https://www.si.com/college/hbcu/.amp/football/aqeel-glass-cole-kelley-nfl-talent

If we don’t go QB in the first, Glass seems to have a lot of potential. The writer of this article compares him to Dak. These are NFL throws he was making. 

He's also been compared to an athletic version of Phillip Rivers.

Glass is “best HBCU quarterback in the entire draft.” - NFL Draft Diamonds owner Damond Talbot 

“Aqeel Glass is a more athletic Philip Rivers, with great decision making,” said Talbot. “The AAMU star can make every NFL throw, he has a deep ball and can throw a rocket of a pass across the middle. Glass is a big kid that is hard to bring down and he has some deep threats on his team. This year I expect Glass to have a solid year and end up at an All-Star Game. He may be the best HBCU quarterback in the entire draft.”

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

He's also been compared to an athletic version of Phillip Rivers.

Glass is “best HBCU quarterback in the entire draft.” - NFL Draft Diamonds owner Damond Talbot 

“Aqeel Glass is a more athletic Philip Rivers, with great decision making,” said Talbot. “The AAMU star can make every NFL throw, he has a deep ball and can throw a rocket of a pass across the middle. Glass is a big kid that is hard to bring down and he has some deep threats on his team. This year I expect Glass to have a solid year and end up at an All-Star Game. He may be the best HBCU quarterback in the entire draft.”

Seems to be flying under the radar because he played in a smaller conference…

Yeah, I read about that too. But I don't think it's that big of a deal if you're talking about who's going to be better. Once we pick them, we'll have plenty of time to figure out who's better.
The quarantine has negatively impacted college footballcolleges.com, but fans actively support their favorite teams. I wish more teams were playing at a high level in college. I don't think that's the problem. We've seen that a team that plays at a high level can do well. That's not always the case. Those teams can have a bad year.