• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL team tiers...

Zod

10 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I mean that chart puts us at the 5th best defense in the NFL according to EPA/play.  I'm still pretty happy with Snow overall.

That shows how far off EPA is. Our d was bad. We were 21st in points allowed, that's the stat that matters. 

9 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

That shows how far off EPA is. Our d was bad. We were 21st in points allowed, that's the stat that matters. 

Not really. If your opponent is constantly getting 30 yard fields, they are going to score more points. Those points count against the defense, even though they are defending a short field. Not saying that is exactly what happened with us, just saying short fields makes your defense look worse than it is and we had A LOT of turnovers.

3 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

Not really. If your opponent is constantly getting 30 yard fields, they are going to score more points. Those points count against the defense, even though they are defending a short field. Not saying that is exactly what happened with us, just saying short fields makes your defense look worse than it is and we had A LOT of turnovers.

I think we were actually worse than 21st because teams knew they only needed to score 14-17 points to win. They played us very conservatively because of it. When teams wanted to score, they did. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Luciu5 said:

...we couldn't make one critical stop the whole game against none other than T.Heinicke....thats when I knew our D was a poser...

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

I mean that chart puts us at the 5th best defense in the NFL according to EPA/play.  I'm still pretty happy with Snow overall.

We've also invested heavily on the defense and played Mickey Mouse games on offensive roster building.

1 hour ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...we couldn't make one critical stop the whole game against none other than T.Heinicke....thats when I knew our D was a poser...

Hey our D looked great when we played against rookie QBs making their NFL debut, and Winston and the Cardinals backup.