• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let’s say we take Pickett at 6

davos

30 minutes ago, davos said:

Everyone seems to be throwing themselves on the anti-Pickett or gamble-on-Willis train but Corral is the only one I’ve never taken huge hesitation with. 

His stock will grow. Pickett and Willis are at highs right now and need to sustain through these undie Olympics.

Corral is an interesting player.  Good athleticism and good arm and battle tested.  My knock with him is that he is pretty raw as a defense reader, and played in a very QB friendly system.  Still in this QB class I can see an argument for him being something some day.  
Personally at this point I am passing on these QBs.  Just not anything special with any of them that can be trusted.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Well after the senior bowl everyone is basically saying if your taking a qb Willis is qb1. I'm not even discussing Pickett at this point he arm is meh... and hand size all that and he is the dame age as darnold. I don't want this guy at all.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Picketts ceiling is Teddy which wasn't good enough for Rhule, so if he pulls the trigger on this that's basically just because he convinced himself he's a genius for recruiting him out of high school

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Corral is an interesting player.  Good athleticism and good arm and battle tested.  My knock with him is that he is pretty raw as a defense reader, and played in a very QB friendly system.  Still in this QB class I can see an argument for him being something some day.  
Personally at this point I am passing on these QBs.  Just not anything special with any of them that can be trusted.

He seems kinda like Heinicke to me. Quick reactions, likes to play, but always injured. Pretty much all these guys are comparable to good backups and would've gone like round 3-5 last year. Except Willis either being a 10 year starter or a complete bust

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

He seems kinda like Heinicke to me. Quick reactions, likes to play, but always injured. Pretty much all these guys are comparable to good backups and would've gone like round 3-5 last year. Except Willis either being a 10 year starter or a complete bust

I would agree…Willis has some upside and I think he should go first of this group.  After I get Willis I have a very steep learning curve and comp level to overcome.  He will need at least a year maybe 2.  Even then it might not show up.  Again…I am staying away from all these dudes.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I would agree…Willis has some upside and I think he should go first of this group.  After I get Willis I have a very steep learning curve and comp level to overcome.  He will need at least a year maybe 2.  Even then it might not show up.  Again…I am staying away from all these dudes.

Agree with everything except his time table to play. This isn't the 90s..kids are playing day 1. I'm not saying he is day one ready I'm saying in a league where we talking fire rhule year 2. If you take a qb in the first he's playing year one because my job depends on it. 

I say let him play through his ups and downs what's the worst that can happen we look like we did this year? Have a qb throw 1 touchdown in 4-5 weeks? 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Agree with everything except his time table to play. This isn't the 90s..kids are playing day 1. I'm not saying he is day one ready I'm saying in a league where we talking fire rhule year 2. If you take a qb in the first he's playing year one because my job depends on it. 

I say let him play through his ups and downs what's the worst that can happen we look like we did this year? Have a qb throw 1 touchdown in 4-5 weeks? 

I hear you but throwing Willis out there right now will be hilarious.  He isn’t anywhere near ready to play QB in this league. 

Seriously, I think Willis will bust miserably.  The jump he is making is amazing and he is going to come out and be a consistent passer?  He hasn’t ever shown it against decent defenses.  He will have to overcome an amazing amount to make it.

Edited by Shocker

22 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Really depends where you go. Jags had lawrence in a bad situation, Wilson shouldn't have been playing, Lance didn't really play. Jones had a good staff that worked around his strengths and weaknesses so he's not traumatized by starting. Don't see us having a good game plan for him but someone like the Steelers could probably start him and have a winning record

34 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Really depends where you go. Jags had lawrence in a bad situation, Wilson shouldn't have been playing, Lance didn't really play. Jones had a good staff that worked around his strengths and weaknesses so he's not traumatized by starting. Don't see us having a good game plan for him but someone like the Steelers could probably start him and have a winning record

I second that of the Steelers possibly where Malik Willis could play right away and succeed.

The team is already built out with a strong running game in Najee Harris.  A thousand yard reciever Diontae Johnson.  A great young TE Pat Freiermuth.   And a solid defense with DPOY TJ Watt. 

Also a savvy and secure coach in Tomlin who would know how to gameplan to the strengths of Willis and minimize his problem areas.  

• Beer 1

On 2/9/2022 at 2:04 PM, davos said:

So yeah, I’m just interested to see what people think since I know ideally we’d all love to capitalize on what seems to be a VERY good OL class in the first few rounds. 

Cheers

Day Valentine GIF

What do i think? 

Edited by Panthero