• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How would YOU address our need at MLB?

WarPanthers89

Matt Rhule has handled the Middle Linebacker position about as well as he has QB and LT over his first two seasons. With most of our resources going into fixing the offense this offseason (thank god) it makes me wonder what we will do this off-season to address this critical position. While Carter was an upgrade from Whitehead, he is clearly a backup player who is capable of filling in and being solid for a short time. This has always been a position we have thrived at, and is one of the positions that can help shore up our run defense. What would you do to fix huddle GM’s? What realistic free agent catches your eye?

9FCFC36A-76DA-4C8B-AC79-273E7CC4D8C3.jpeg

• Pie 1

We don’t have enough cap space and picks to address every need this year, and this need isn’t as large as others. 

With that said, I’d throw a cheap contract at Vander Esch and a back up contract at Carter. See what comes of it. 

My other option is Darnold for Parsons straight up. I’m sure Dallas would be more than happy. lol

• Beer 2

Just now, ECHornet said:

We don’t have enough cap space and picks to address every need this year, and this need isn’t as large as others. 

With that said, I’d throw a cheap contract at Vander Esch and a back up contract at Carter. See what comes of it. 

My other option is Darnold for Parsons straight up. I’m sure Dallas would be more than happy. lol

Great point on cap space. I wonder which route they will go because technically we have to fill two starter roles. I don’t even know who our backups are at this point for injuries 

• Pie 1

I honestly don't see anything more than a stop gap this year. The roster is full of holes still, arguably even more now than when Rhule took over two years ago. I assume they'll draft a mid-round linebacker but there really isn't any significant cap room to solve it through trade or free agency. 2022 is really a ride it out year at that position until we get some cap flexibility with Darnold off the books and second year signal caller.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I could see Shaq at MLB and Chinn filling the OLB/Joker role 

Whatever allows Chinn to move around. I just think the 2 up front and Burns & Reddick as standup DEs is dead. Run a 3-4 or 3-3-5 which is really what it would be with Chinn either way. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

12 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...yea...just...just that we have no draft capital and bigger holes to fill..

Clark and Smith both have a chance to be there with our fourth rounder. Things could change but a trade back could also net us some nice third rounders.

• Pie 1