• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers losing the fan base?

BurnNChinn

30 minutes ago, SCMunnerlyn1 said:

Apathy is pretty much where we're at. What the Bengals were able to accomplish was a pretty large kick in the nuts. 

Well, we are the new Bengals/Browns, most likely. At least our incompetence will provide a few years of laughing at least. 

I will still enjoy the NFL, just not the Panthers part of it.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Everyone knows that next season is a total wash, which doesn't help with excitement. We COULD be talking about a new HC right now, but instead, we know 100% of whats to come. 

Also the Hornets are decent with a young star, and the Hurricanes are an elite team that's set to be good for the next half decade at least. It's not the 2010s anymore when both those teams sucked ass and the Panthers were overall pretty good. They are by far the worst pro sports teams in the Carolinas, but I expect Teppers MLS team will compete with them very soon. 

I don’t see next season as a wash whatsoever.  Another building block to greatness.  Many real fans are excited to see what these guys do with their backs against the wall.

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Disagree.  The defense was much better.  Get OL tooled up and run it back.  QB isn’t getting fixed outside of a miracle so wait for better options in the draft next year.  Darnold was 23 and picked high.  It was a gamble.  We tried other options that didn’t work out.  You keep working which Rhule and Fitty will definitely do.

I also have hope that with just a few smart moves, a turnaround could be achieved.  But to do that Rhule has to show that he is fundamentally changing. 

The experienced coaching hires this offseason were a step in the right direction.  Let's see what he does with this free agency and the draft.  Will Rhule show that he has learned from his previous mistakes ? 

If the Rhule of the last 2 years continues (incompetent, tone-deaf), that's pretty much insufferable.  The fans will reject the team at that point, and rightfully so.  

5 minutes ago, PantherNation123 said:

Winning 1 of your last 13 games is unacceptable no matter how much “work” Rhule is doing.  I sure as hell don’t want to “run it back” with that dude at the helm, who absolutely SCREAMS apathy.  I’m not on board with the Jay-Z, 7 year plan for Rhule.  He absolutely should’ve been canned before this offseason.  Just have to pray he doesn’t mortgage our future more, or it’ll be a looooong time until we can snif any type of real success

Disagree…again these guys need time and they will figure it out.  QB is the ultimate hurdle IMO.  Without that you’re fugged but you have to draft that guy if you are Carolina.  Rodgers, Brady, etc ain’t coming here.

Edited by Shocker

48 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Disagree.  The defense was much better.  Get OL tooled up and run it back.  QB isn’t getting fixed outside of a miracle so wait for better options in the draft next year.  Darnold was 23 and picked high.  It was a gamble.  We tried other options that didn’t work out.  You keep working which Rhule and Fitty will definitely do.

I get tired of hearing defense was much better and they was ranked #2. They was bad they gave up almost 30 points a game. This is a 3 or 4 win team period!

3 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

I also have hope that with just a few smart moves, a turnaround could be achieved.  But to do that Rhule has to show that he is fundamentally changing. 

The experienced coaching hires this offseason were a step in the right direction.  Let's see what he does with this free agency and the draft.  Will Rhule show that he has learned from his previous mistakes ? 

If the Rhule of the last 2 years continues (incompetent, tone-deaf), that's pretty much insufferable.  The fans will reject the team at that point, and rightfully so.  

Fine, restarting with a new “genius” coach is a slippery slope.  The next guy could be much worse.

My company is actually doing user research on how to get more engagement for the franchise right now. 

we are getting some really interesting feedback (outside of put a winning product on the field). The researchers that are on this have interviewed a ton of people, all types of fans. 

the interesting part is that even though the panthers aren’t winning, the majority said they would still attend and follow the team.

now… when we spoke to fans by proxy, the results were brutal. Fair weather fans dissipate real fast. 

the engagement is supposed to end in March, im looking forward to the results from the team.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Disagree…again these guys need time and they will figure it out.  QB is the ultimate hurdle IMO.  Without that you’re fugged but you have to draft that guy if you are Carolina.  Rodgers, Brady, etc ain’t coming here.

I mean I applaud the optimism. Can’t remember the source but the stats behind coaches who blow ass like Rhule has first two years EVER being successful head coaches was a ridiculously low percentage.  I wouldn’t want Rhule selecting or coaching any drafted QB.   Just a stat to keep in mind, Rhule was 0-11 vs ranked teams at Baylor… really should never have been an NFL head coach, as we can tell with the damage already done.    Again, applaud the optimism you have though haha

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, PantherNation123 said:

I mean I applaud the optimism. Can’t remember the source but the stats behind coaches who blow ass like Rhule has first two years EVER being successful head coaches was a ridiculously low percentage.  I wouldn’t want Rhule selecting or coaching any drafted QB.   Just a stat to keep in mind, Rhule was 0-11 vs ranked teams at Baylor… really should never have been an NFL head coach, as we can tell with the damage already done.    Again, applaud the optimism you have though haha

80 % of stats are bullshet.  There are stats on it.