• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Hornets need to move on from James Borrego if they want to make the leap to a consistent playoff team.

Eazy-E

2 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Yeah count me in. Gordon should not be the difference between us being a playoff team and bottom feeders. 0-7 in OT on the season is a terrible look for JB too.

With a team this young, you need a veteran leader with playoff experience to help stabilize the roster.

Look at the difference Steven Adams has made for Memphis. From 9th in the west to 3rd this year. His stats don't show the actual impact he's had on that team. He brings leadership to a team full of young players.

Don't get me wrong though, JB needs to step up and be a difference maker when his team is struggling. Right now I couldn't tell you a single thing he brings to the table on gameday. His timeout usage sucks and he always calls them after a run has gotten out of hand instead trying to kill a run before it starts. He doesn't adjust rotations based on matchups even if they are getting destroyed. He doesn't have an offensive or defensive set that he can default to when things start getting sloppy.

Does anyone have any positives besides player development which is becoming less and less important since the team has been moving away from playing rookies and young players and trying to make the playoffs? 

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Yeah count me in. Gordon should not be the difference between us being a playoff team and bottom feeders. 0-7 in OT on the season is a terrible look for JB too.

Gordon couldn't be depended on when we signed him. He had injury problems before he got here. He has injury problems now. Still a solid signing, especially since he only has 2 years left after this year. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Borrego couldn't take the Warriors to the playoffs.

C’mon now let’s be real here. You or I could take the warriors to the playoffs. 

That doesn’t discoredit the fact that is an average to below average Borregohead coach. He’s a top tier assistant coach who still hasn’t fully grasped the intricacies of a ihead coach during games. MJ and Mitch are probably still hoping for the next Erik Spolestra. They both started as video coordinators and worked their way up the coaching ranks. It’s been 4 years though and I’m just not seeing the improvement from JB.

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

C’mon now let’s be real here. You or I could take the warriors to the playoffs. 

That doesn’t discoredit the fact that is an average to below average Borregohead coach. He’s a top tier assistant coach who still hasn’t fully grasped the intricacies of a ihead coach during games. MJ and Mitch are probably still hoping for the next Erik Spolestra. They both started as video coordinators and worked their way up the coaching ranks. It’s been 4 years though and I’m just not seeing the improvement from JB.

He's peaked. He's not a top-12 coach in the East. Cut bait or continue to live with 35-47 every year.

• Pie 4

• 1 month later...