• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 Charlotte FC Game Thread

MillionDollarCam

1 hour ago, woahfraze said:

I don't think they could.  This was a makeup game from one that had been rained out earlier in the season after they played 15 minutes. Kickoff last started with 15 minutes having already elapsed.  I think they had to put out the same lineups and were unable to use subs if they had already done so in the previous 15 minute period, as we had when Carujo got injured.  Dumb that they tried to even play that game, but it is what it is.

Ref missed a penalty on Karol late.  Would have been a bit light, but he called the game tight for the most part, so should have been a penalty.  My thought is that CFC played well enough to win, but didn't deserve to win, if that makes any sense.  Sucks to be eliminated from playoff contention, but noone expected to make the playoffs this first season.  Glad to see they showed some flashes and improvement over the course of the season.

So both Rios and Jones could have started since they were on the bench for the original game, they just would have counted as two of our five subs.

I guess the consolation is that Miami mollywhopped Orlando so our chances of making the playoffs, even with a win last night, would have been slim.

We would have had to beat Red Bulls and Orlando and Columbus would have needed to play to a draw, or, Cincinnati would have needed to lose against D.C. United, both unlikely scenarios.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

Karol should have gotten that penalty but he keeps himself in the officials' doghouse with his sense of entitlement. I think he'd hit another level as a player if he didn't have to be the whiniest guy on the field every match. His play otherwise has impressed me.

Great inaugural season though, and it's exciting that it seems like a majority of our problems are just growing pains. Next season should be fun.

Edited by MechaZain

9 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Karol should have gotten that penalty but he keeps himself in the officials' doghouse with his sense of entitlement. I think he'd hit another level as a player if he didn't have to be the whiniest guy on the field every match. His play otherwise has impressed me.

Great inaugural season though, and it's exciting that it seems like a majority of our problems are just growing pains. Next season should be fun.

Karol is a good player and he knows it, but at the end of the day he needs to realize that he’s playing in the MLS, no matter how good he is, he shouldn’t be pouting on the field like Ronaldo.

• Beer 1

I would say it was a successful season.  Would have been interesting to see if having one manager all year would have made a difference.  Problem was we played to win too many games instead of trying to at least salvage a point ( I'm ok with this problem). Columbus drew their way into the playoffs,  I would rather play for 3 points. I think next year I'm expecting playoffs or it'll be a disappointment. 

19 minutes ago, toldozer said:

I would say it was a successful season.  Would have been interesting to see if having one manager all year would have made a difference.  Problem was we played to win too many games instead of trying to at least salvage a point ( I'm ok with this problem). Columbus drew their way into the playoffs,  I would rather play for 3 points. I think next year I'm expecting playoffs or it'll be a disappointment. 

Definitely expecting the playoffs next year if Karol is back and he’s playing that number 9 type of role that he played for us over the last four games or so (unless we land a game changing attacking midfielder). Putting him there really helped the team as a whole.

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Charlotte FC falls to NY Red Bulls 2-0 in the final game of the season for the Crown.

Charlotte played well enough to at least come away with a draw but the Red Bulls keeper could not be beaten.

I was listening on my way back from the coast and it sounded like he was pulling an Ochoa from the World Cup a few back

5 minutes ago, MtnJax said:

I was listening on my way back from the coast and it sounded like he was pulling an Ochoa from the World Cup a few back

He played really well and I thought we played well for the most part. Sisniega probably deserves the blame on one of the goals, he parried the ball right to a Red Bulls player, the other goal was just a great strike by the NY player.

16 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

He played really well and I thought we played well for the most part. Sisniega probably deserves the blame on one of the goals, he parried the ball right to a Red Bulls player, the other goal was just a great strike by the NY player.

Well, that’s feels mild in comparison to the fug ups Kahlina has had this season tbh. 

• Pie 1

• 3 months later...

LOCATION CHANGE: Charlotte FC vs Charleston Battery Friendly Relocated to Bank of America Stadium

Thursday, Feb 9, 2023, 10:02 AM

100522_AM_vsColumbus_Scenics_0001

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (Thursday, February 9, 2023) – Charlotte FC and the Charleston Battery today announced the upcoming friendly between the two teams scheduled for this Saturday has been moved to Bank of America Stadium due to impending inclement weather in the Charleston area.

The decision to move the match from Charleston was made out of reasonable caution for player and fan safety and to allow preseason preparations to go uninterrupted for both clubs. The match will be free for fans on a limited basis with priority going to those that purchased tickets to the originally scheduled match in Charleston. The remaining allotment will be open to Season Ticket Members. Further ticketing details will be distributed later this afternoon.   

Fans who bought tickets to the game in Charleston will receive communication from the Battery regarding their tickets.

https://www.charlottefootballclub.com/news/location-change-cltfc-vs-chs-battery-friendly-relocated-to-bank-of-america