• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilson to the Broncos

Captain Morgan

14 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

There's a lot more evidence to suggest they have no idea what they are doing.  There is very little to point to that says "these guys know what they are doing".  That is reality.  Sorry.  I hate it too, but I'm done denying it.

The draft last year was very good to great.  Our star CB first rounder got injured.  It happens.  Our second round WR wasn’t ready yet.  Normal.  Brady showed some talent.  Hubbard was really good.  Tremble looks promising.  The rest we will see but that was a very good draft 

18 minutes ago, joemac said:

I mean dude come on. He’s right on that. A long time college and NFL head coach and an NFL GM definitely know more football than 99.99% of the randoms online. 

So what?  They are ineffective at an NFL level.  All that takes is observation of their performance relative to their peers.  We don't need to be one of their peers to observe the results of that.

Sam Darnold is a better QB than anyone on this board, but he is a bottom of the barrel tier QB at the NFL level.  We don't have to be NFL QBs to evaluate that.

I get being optimistic, but I'm past the point of no return with this administration.  It just tickles me to deny any rumors that we've offered packages for Watson, because our front office is too smart for that.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan

5 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

So what?  They are ineffective at an NFL level.  All that takes is observation of their performance relative to their peers.  We don't need to be one of their peers to observe the results of that.

Sam Darnold is a better QB than anyone on this board, but he is a bottom of the barrel tier QB.  We don't have to be NFL QBs to evaluate that.

I get being optimistic, but I'm past the point of no return with this administration.  It just tickles me to deny any rumors that we've offered packages for Watson, because our front office is too smart for that.

Which QB last offseason would have solved all our problems?  Please enlighten us

We had to get a new QB…there is no way anyone could stick with Teddy.  Anyone denying that would be crazy 

I mean maybe Justin Fields…who I wanted but that ship has sailed

Edited by Shocker

25 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Dude Rhule and Fitty know more football than you could ever imagine.  Stop being ridiculous 

This argument gets repeated on here often. Of course they know more than fans. The thing is it's irrelevant.

Rhule and Fitty need to know more and be better than the guys they compete with like McVeigh and Arians and Snead and Licht. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

The draft last year was very good to great.  Our star CB first rounder got injured.  It happens.  Our second round WR wasn’t ready yet.  Normal.  Brady showed some talent.  Hubbard was really good.  Tremble looks promising.  The rest we will see but that was a very good draft 

One starter who missed 75% of the season doesn't strike me as a very good draft.  Marty pulled that off with his eyes closed.  They contributed some which is a welcome change but I wouldn't be betting on them working out.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

One starter who missed 75% of the season doesn't strike me as a very good draft.  Marty pulled that off with his eyes closed.  They contributed some which is a welcome change but I wouldn't be betting on them working out.

NFL draftees can’t get injured?  Good luck with that

7 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Which QB last offseason would have solved all our problems?  Please enlighten us

That has nothing to do with anything I posted, but I'll bite.

There is no QB that would have solved all of our problems.  There will never be a single player that solves all the problems on a team by himself.  But the answer certainly wasn't to trade away Teddy so that we could trade away draft choices and commit significant money to Sam Darnold for 2022.  Signing Teddy was a mistake too, but at that point it would have been best to just roll with him.  But if we had to move on from Teddy, the answer was literally any other veteran FA or cheap trade target.  (5th or worse round pick)

Rhule and Co have gone in big two seasons in a row on QBs they shouldn't have.  (63M for Bridgewater and picks plus 5th year for Sam).  Going all in on Watson is not outside of the realm of possibility for them IMO.  Especially considering this is likely a make or break year for Rhule.

Edit:  And on Horn, yes he looked impressive.  But if Darnold was the one who got hurt in that game against Houston, do you think that changes how we view Darnold now?  Just something to think about.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan

3 minutes ago, trueblade said:

This argument gets repeated on here often. Of course they know more than fans. The thing is it's irrelevant.

Rhule and Fitty need to know more and be better than the guys they compete with like McVeigh and Arians and Snead and Licht. 

Arians?  LOL.  The Panthers are going to look so different this coming season.  All you guys will feel bad

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

That has nothing to do with anything I posted, but I'll bite.

There is no QB that would have solved all of our problems.  There will never be a single player that solves all the problems on a team by himself.  But the answer certainly wasn't to trade away Teddy so that we could trade away draft choices and commit significant money to Sam Darnold for 2022.  Signing Teddy was a mistake too, but at that point it would have been best to just roll with him.  But if we had to move on from Teddy, the answer was literally any other veteran FA or cheap trade target.  (5th or worse round pick)

Rhule and Co have gone in big two seasons in a row on QBs they shouldn't have.  (63M for Bridgewater and picks plus 5th year for Sam).  Going all in on Watson is not outside of the realm of possibility for them IMO.  Especially considering this is likely a make or break year for Rhule.

Edit:  And on Horn, yes he looked impressive.  But if Darnold was the one who got hurt in that game against Houston, do you think that changes how we view Darnold now?  Just something to think about.

Hey man…I appreciate the post.  Every comment you made is hindsight.  It is extremely easy to evaluate things after the fact,  but incredibly hard to make the calls

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Arians?  LOL.  The Panthers are going to look so different this coming season.  All you guys will feel bad

Oh, I have little doubt that the Panthers are going to make me feel bad, but it won't be because they exceeded my expectations.

4 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I agree with what you are saying. In addition, I wonder how if the impending loss of Reddick's pressure will always impact our DBs