• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you like this trade back?

ECHornet

Eagles get:

#6 - 2022 (1600 value)

DJ Moore (??? value; need ~665 value to break even according to the chart which is late 1st round value)

Panthers get:

#16 -2022 (1000 value)

#19 - 2022 (875 value)

#51 - 2022 (390 value)

Reasons it could work imo…

Philly is looking for a WR. I saw someone mention they almost traded for Ridley before his issues came to light. DJ’s contract is expiring soon. The WR free agent market will be packed next year.

The Eagles would have #6 and #15 picks this year along with the WR help they need. They could address their big need at edge rusher or safety if one of Hutchinson, Thib, or Hamilton fall to #6.

The Panthers would be able to address OL and QB with the acquired 2022 picks.

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

14 minutes ago, frankw said:

We would be dumb asses to trade a WR like Moore for that.

I don’t think so. We could potentially land something like this with the haul….

#16 - Linderbaum

#19 - Bernhard Raimann or Nakobe Dean

#51 - Sam Howell or other 2nd Rd QB

or stay put and….

#6 - Charles Cross

Keep DJ Moore

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

I don’t think so. We could potentially land something like this with the haul….

#16 - Linderbaum

#19 - Bernhard Raimann or Nakobe Dean

#51 - Sam Howell or other 2nd Rd QB

or stay put and….

#6 - Charles Cross

Keep DJ Moore

So you draft two olinemen who is your QB throwing to? Robby? TMJ? Shi Smith? Ian Thomas and Tommy Tremble aren't scaring anybody. CMC if healthy that's about it. Option 2 is the only one.

Edited by frankw

10 minutes ago, frankw said:

So you draft two olinemen who is your QB and who is he throwing to? Robby? TMJ? Shi Smith? Ian Thomas and Tommy Tremble aren't scaring anybody. CMC if healthy that's about it. Option 2 is the only one.

The QB is Sam Howell or another end 1st/top 2nd round graded QB. Pro Days will shift some up/down, but it’s looking like quite a few QBs will be available in the 2nd out of this crop. 

Does it really matter who they’re throwing to next year? We’re not competing for a championship next year so build for the future. We will have the money, OL, and potentially a QB to attract WRs next offseason. 

Edited by ECHornet

45 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Eagles get:

#6 - 2022 (1600 value)

DJ Moore (??? value; need ~665 value to break even according to the chart which is late 1st round value)

Panthers get:

#16 -2022 (1000 value)

#19 - 2022 (875 value)

#51 - 2022 (390 value)

Philly is looking for a WR. I saw someone mention they almost traded for Ridley before his issues came to light. DJ’s contract is expiring soon. The WR free agent market will be packed next year.

The Eagles would have #6 and #15 picks this year along with the WR help they need. They could address their big need at edge rusher or safety if one of Hutchinson, Thib, or Hamilton fall to #6.

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

The QB is Sam Howell or another end 1st/top 2nd round graded QB. Pro Days will shift some up/down, but it’s looking like quite a few QBs will be available in the 2nd out of this crop. 

Does it really matter who they’re throwing to next year? We’re not competing for a championship next year so build for the future. We will have the money, OL, and potentially a QB to attract WRs next offseason. 

Howell is as big of a risk as any other QB in this class. Depends on who you think is going to be a part of that future. You have some big upcoming contracts and what you may think is a window opening can close quickly. If you can get a very good young WR already in place you are ahead of things look at the best offenses they all have one. And banking on a free agent receiver is risky they will command a big payday with contracts increasing and they will have their choice of a team ready to make a run.

1 hour ago, ECHornet said:

Eagles get:

#6 - 2022 (1600 value)

Panthers get:

#16 -2022 (1000 value)

#19 - 2022 (875 value)

#51 - 2022 (390 value)

Actually think this is too cheap an offer. I think we should get more than a 16 and 51 for 6. The pot would have to be sweetened for me with a 3rd as well and a future 2023 pick.  If we did drop though, my picks would be

16. Linderbaum

19. Penning or Raimann, or one of the top WR if they fall. I might possibly trade back mid 20s with this pick too to get an extra 2nd or 3rd, and take Zion Johnson mid 20s.

51. Chad Muma if he's still on the board. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Howell is as big of a risk as any other QB in this class. Depends on who you think is going to be a part of that future. You have some big upcoming contracts and what you may think is a window opening can close quickly. If you can get a very good young WR already in place you are ahead of things look at the best offenses they all have one. And banking on a free agent receiver is risky they will command a big payday with contracts increasing and they will have their choice of a team ready to make a run.

I don’t view Howell as a risky pick at all in the 2nd. I think of all the QBs in this draft, his floor in the NFL is easiest to predict. 

Even if it’s not Howell and instead another QB in the 2nd, I would prefer to have that QB throwing behind a young and promising OL to CMC/Robby/TMJ/Shi versus Darnold throwing behind our current OL + Cross at LT and the same receiving corp + DJ Moore. 

If the QB we select with one of our acquired picks shows promise, we could easily afford a top end WR the next year since we have a cheap QB for 3 more years + option year. I’m not saying it would be the best option, but we could then afford to make Davante Adams the highest paid WR like he desires over a 3 year contract. That’s the kind of moves that open up when you have a young QB and OL showing promise. 

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Actually think this is too cheap an offer. I think we should get more than a 16 and 51 for 6. The pot would have to be sweetened for me with a 3rd as well and a future 2023 pick.  If we did drop though, my picks would be

16. Linderbaum

19. Penning or Raimann, or one of the top WR if they fall. I might possibly trade back mid 20s with this pick too to get an extra 2nd or 3rd, and take Zion Johnson mid 20s.

51. Chad Muma if he's still on the board. 

So you view DJ Moore as more of a mid to high 1st round value? I’m not sure he’d go for that via trade, but I could see someone give up a mid 1st if they’re desperate enough at WR.