• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free Agent Wishlist

shaq

I’m curious to see who everyone’s interested in this free agency. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022-nfl-free-agency-rankings-the-100-best-free-agents-from-von-miller-to-bobby-wagner-and-more/amp/

I’ll start,

Jordan Whitehead (FS)- Love this kid young only 24, physical player who shows up all over the field. I’m sure y’all remeber this guy when we played Tampa. Adding him to the roster also allows Chin to move to SS or LB. 

James Daniels (OG)- This would be a HUGE signing. Would come in and instantly fill a guard spot, another young guy only 24 with his best days ahead of him. Athletic and has bulked up from 304 his rookie year to now around 327, he’s developed and has the NFL weight room strength added to his game. Consistently improved over his first few seasons. Might be a bit costly but this would be an amazing signing.

Connor Williams (OG)- Another experienced young buck to add to the line. Needed to add weight in the NFL, came in at 295 and is now up to 320. Only 24, really solid pass protector. Even if we signed Daniels I would be completely happy signing him too. Fixing the interior would drastically change our line and this is a great FA class to do it on the interior.

Justin Reid (SS)- Great player coming off a really down year. Prior to this year he had produced two back to back 75.0 grades from PFF. Young and really athletic, this is the type of guy who makes you look smart giving him a contract in free agency. You bank on last year being an outlier and pay him way below his real worth.

Free agent flier: Evan Engram (TE) has all the traits and but is just so utterly inconsistent. Pure pass catcher, with no blocking. Would compliment Tremble and Thomas. Wouldn’t throw him more then a one year prove it deal. Engram does seem to be the type of player who will get a huge contract this off-season purely based off his traits and the lack of TE talent. But if he slips, he can come on down.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

I'm a big fan of signing guys that were cut and don't count against the comp pick formula. We have several of our own in FA this season and stand to net several comp picks (which we may need if a certain trade happens).

Some that I like from this list (https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-salary-cap-cuts-2022-team-tracker-nfl-free-agency/zx5xnb9rqqc06kkm2opgol7b) :

• G Rodger Saffold
  • LB A.J. Klein

Edited by Evil Hurney
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Whitehead sounds perfect for us.  Conner sounds pretty good too.  

I'm not expecting Watson, so I think we'll go LT at 6,  Brady at guard.  Adding one proven guard gives us a real line.  Take a center with our 4th pick, let him learn behind Elf, or spend an early pick next year on a C that can start, and we are set for years on the line.

• Pie 1

Terron Armstead, Austin Corbett, Ted Karras, James Daniel , Andrew Norwell, Laken Tomlinson , AJ Cann, Jordan Whitehead, Jabrill Peppers, Marcus Maye, Desmond King, Carlton Davis, Leighton Vander Esch, Rashann Evans, Jarran Reed, Larry Ogunjobi, CJ Uzomah, OJ Howard, Evan Engram. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, shaq said:

I’m curious to see who everyone’s interested in this free agency. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022-nfl-free-agency-rankings-the-100-best-free-agents-from-von-miller-to-bobby-wagner-and-more/amp/

I’ll start,

Jordan Whitehead (FS)- Love this kid young only 24, physical player who shows up all over the field. I’m sure y’all remeber this guy when we played Tampa. Adding him to the roster also allows Chin to move to SS or LB. 

James Daniels (OG)- This would be a HUGE signing. Would come in and instantly fill a guard spot, another young guy only 24 with his best days ahead of him. Athletic and has bulked up from 304 his rookie year to now around 327, he’s developed and has the NFL weight room strength added to his game. Consistently improved over his first few seasons. Might be a bit costly but this would be an amazing signing.

Connor Williams (OG)- Another experienced young buck to add to the line. Needed to add weight in the NFL, came in at 295 and is now up to 320. Only 24, really solid pass protector. Even if we signed Daniels I would be completely happy signing him too. Fixing the interior would drastically change our line and this is a great FA class to do it on the interior.

Justin Reid (SS)- Great player coming off a really down year. Prior to this year he had produced two back to back 75.0 grades from PFF. Young and really athletic, this is the type of guy who makes you look smart giving him a contract in free agency. You bank on last year being an outlier and pay him way below his real worth.

Free agent flier: Evan Engram (TE) has all the traits and but is just so utterly inconsistent. Pure pass catcher, with no blocking. Would compliment Tremble and Thomas. Wouldn’t throw him more then a one year prove it deal. Engram does seem to be the type of player who will get a huge contract this off-season purely based off his traits and the lack of TE talent. But if he slips, he can come on down.

Engram is intriguing because McAdoo drafted him. Engram’s best season was his rookie season and the only one under McAdoo. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

I’ve been hoping for James Daniels and Connor Williams from the jump. Two young IOL that would quickly bring our line up to NFL average or better for the next 3-5 years. Daniels can also play center. 

Wouldn’t mind seeing if Vander Esch can produce at MLB either for cheap. 

• Pie 3

Armstead  is the big one for me. With Brown getting the tag in KC, hes pretty much the only premium option at LT.  There are injury concerns for sure but when hes on that field theres few better. Fact it hurts the Saints is even better. 

At least one of the guards. Doesnt have to be Scherff but one starting guard with BC and Brown battling for the last spot could give us a nasty OL.

Outside of that Leighton Vander Esch could be a solid pick up. Again, injury concerns, but the potential is there and hes young. Id take a flyer here if the money/years are right. 

After that I'd like to see Gilmore back and a guy like Braxton Berrios to bolster the return game. No clue his market or price, but an all pro returner doesn't hit the market very often. A luxury for sure but I'd be intrigued and at least kick the tires. 

Edited by SteveSmithTD89
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, Immaculate said:

Engram is intriguing because McAdoo drafted him. Engram’s best season was his rookie season and the only one under McAdoo. 

That’s a great point, I gotta feeling we’re gonna atleast throw Engram an offer. Still suprised by that Ian Thomas deal hopefully it ends up working out.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Any solid OL. If we trade CMC, I wouldn’t be against Fournette either to share the backfield with Chuba. 

Agreed, also Rashad Penny from Seattle. Horrible injury history but end of last season he looked like a franchise RB.

3 hours ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Armstead  is the big one for me. With Brown getting the tag in KC, hes pretty much the only premium option at LT.  There are injury concerns for sure but when hes on that field theres few better. Fact it hurts the Saints is even better. 

At least one of the guards. Doesnt have to be Scherff but one starting guard with BC and Brown battling for the last spot could give us a nasty OL.

Outside of that Leighton Vander Esch could be a solid pick up. Again, injury concerns, but the potential is there and hes young. Id take a flyer here if the money/years are right. 

After that I'd like to see Gilmore back and a guy like Braxton Berrios to bolster the return game. No clue his market or price, but an all pro returner doesn't hit the market very often. A luxury for sure but I'd be intrigued and at least kick the tires. 

Great input didn’t even know Berrios was a free agent. An all pro returner would be very valuable, especially considering we have an anemic ass offense.

• Pie 1