• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now that DW fiasco over, what's your plan?

Jmac

2 minutes ago, w280sax said:

I can't get behind the "make rhule play sam" narrative.  I'm not sure I can take another year of that even though it may be best for us long term.  It's like eating garbage for a year on the hope you may get a steak a year from now.

There is no way you are going to avoid it. 

They will most likely pick up another win or two if the defense can manage to stop the run even with Sam at the helm. Bring in Minshew and I doubt he changes that much, maybe another win or two.

So you are sitting somewhere between 8 to 16 in the draft next year.  Probably close enough.500 to get Rhule another season to "grow" as an NFL coach. 

Rinse and repeat. 

18 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

There is no way you are going to avoid it. 

They will most likely pick up another win or two if the defense can manage to stop the run even with Sam at the helm. Bring in Minshew and I doubt he changes that much, maybe another win or two.

So you are sitting somewhere between 8 to 16 in the draft next year.  Probably close enough.500 to get Rhule another season to "grow" as an NFL coach. 

Rinse and repeat. 

Not sure I follow what you are saying can't be avoided.  Starting sam?  

Draft OL.

Rhule starts Sam/PJ. 

Rhule gets fired.  Sam/PJ go away. 

New coach drafts a rookie QB. 

That is the best plan IMO.  Just got to take this year on the chin. 

* you don't want a desperate Rhule messing with a rookie QB.  And then forcing that on the next HC.  HCs should be able to pick their QB.

• Flames 1