• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the Willis isn't that fast crowd

micnificent28

3 minutes ago, Lets go get it Canes said:

So was Jamarcus Russell.  Arrgghhhh

Lol true. But saying Willis is just a running back isn’t telling the whole story. If people want to hate on him hate on him correcting. Didn’t go through his reads enough, still raw as a passer etc…

I want speed on the reads and release and accuracy with the ball.  Anything else is irrelevant to me in a QB.  Tom Brady, Drew Breese, Peyton Manning, and anyone else you want to put at the top of the chain at QB were not fleet of foot.  While Mahommes is quick he is really at his best when he uses his quickness to get outside the pocket and find a receiver, not when he runs with the ball.  

Edited by Barney
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Barney said:

I want speed on the reads and release and accuracy with the ball.  Anything else is irrelevant to me in a QB.  Tom Brady, Drew Breese, Peyton Manning, and anyone else you want to put at the top of the chain at QB were not fleet of foot.  While Mahommes is quick he is really at his best when he uses his quickness to get outside the pocket and find a receiver, not when he runs with the ball.  

Last 5 years playoff qbs on final 4 teams:

2017: Brady, Foles, Bortles, Cousins

2018: Brady, Mahoomes, Goff, Brees

2019: Rodgers, Jimmy G, Mahoomes, Ryan T

2020: Allen, Mahoomes, Brady, Rodgers

2021: Jimmy G, Burrow, Mahoomes, Stafford

I count one "running" qb out of 20 potential spots.  I think running qbs are just shining toys but when the rubber meets the road in the playoffs defenses can scheme for them and shear arm talent and accuracy win the day. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Last 5 years playoff qbs on final 4 teams:

2017: Brady, Foles, Bortles, Cousins

2018: Brady, Mahoomes, Goff, Brees

2019: Rodgers, Jimmy G, Mahoomes, Ryan T

2020: Allen, Mahoomes, Brady, Rodgers

2021: Jimmy G, Burrow, Mahoomes, Stafford

I count one "running" qb out of 20 potential spots.  I think running qbs are just shining toys but when the rubber meets the road in the playoffs defenses can scheme for them and shear arm talent and accuracy win the day. 

Most of them have been able to rely on their athletic ability their entire life and never had to properly learn to  go through their progressions, make the reads and have good footwork.  They are used taking one or two looks and taking off running, but the NFL is a big boy game and eventually all of those hits start adding up and when they cannot run as effectively the deficiencies in their passing starts to become a glaring issue. 

Just now, Barney said:

Most of them have been able to rely on their athletic ability their entire life and never had to properly learn to  go through their progressions, make the reads and have good footwork.  They are used taking one or two looks and taking off running, but the NFL is a big boy game and eventually all of those hits start adding up and when they cannot run as effectively the deficiencies in their passing starts to become a glaring issue. 

You're not wrong, I just think the value of a "running qb" is extremely overrated. 

15 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

You're not wrong, I just think the value of a "running qb" is extremely overrated. 

You're really getting too worked up about "running" QB's. First of all that is a very loose description. When I think running QB I think someone who is putting up BIG rushing numbers and has designed runs each game. They do not have pass first drilled into their heads. Are there really any QB's like that left? Most now use their legs and look to extend plays or setup passes when necessary. Can we please have these discussions without everything turning into a "I don't want another Michael Vick" shitslinging fest? The game is changing and most QB's are no longer statues. Just accept it.

• Pie 2

40 minutes ago, frankw said:

You're really getting too worked up about "running" QB's. First of all that is a very loose description. When I think running QB I think someone who is putting up BIG rushing numbers and has designed runs each game. They do not have pass first drilled into their heads. Are there really any QB's like that left? Most now use their legs and look to extend plays or setup passes when necessary. Can we please have these discussions without everything turning into a "I don't want another Michael Vick" shitslinging fest? The game is changing and most QB's are no longer statues. Just accept it.

Exactly..  these boomers seem to think having legs makes you a horrible passer.. look at the top qbs in the most of these guys have some ability to move and or pick up first downs with their legs. The pure pocket passer is actually a dying breed.

Screenshot_20220322-110630_Chrome.jpg

• Pie 1