• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just throwing this out there..

WOW!!

And the crazy part Is @Growl thinks Wills/Pickett/Corral are elite.. With no facts based off of pro days and highlights videos.. 

All while almost every professional scouts doesn't have 1 of them as a top 20 prospect...

But I'm playing cute with the position??

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

He's had 2 games of nfl film...  Hes been in the league 2 years.. We gave up more for Darnold after 3 years and 20+ games of film...

And again I only said a 4th or lower pick.. Some of you want to give up a 2nd for Baltimores backup... Or way more for Minshew..

Really??

The Darnold trade was terrible and that should never be justification of why to make a trade. If anything it tells me we shouldn’t trade for other team’s castaways. I don’t want to trade anything for these QBs available by their teams. Just draft one like most teams do. We aren’t going to outsmart another organization and snag a franchise QB from them for cheap. The chances of that happened are slim and we got screwed last year trying to do just that. Just take your chances and draft one. 

• Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

The Darnold trade was terrible and that should never be justification of why to make a trade. If anything it tells me we shouldn’t trade for other team’s castaways. I don’t want to trade anything for these QBs available by their teams. Just draft one like most teams do. We aren’t going to outsmart another organization and snag a franchise QB from them for cheap. The chances of that happened are slim and we got screwed last year trying to do just that. Just take your chances and draft one. 

Great point..

But my plan includes us drafting a generational LT in the process.. Instead of missing out on 1 and take a "big swing" at clearly lower rated QB prospects..

Yau'll can act like it's a smart move but it isn't..

Reaching for clearly not a top 10 prospect and passing on a position of need with a player clearly rated to be a top 10 prospect is stupid...

I only gave a option with low assets used and low risk to get the same type QB prospect and still get the top 5 LT..

And that's crazy??

9 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Great point..

But my plan includes us drafting a generational LT in the process.. Instead of missing out on 1 and take a "big swing" at clearly lower rated QB prospects..

Reaching for clearly not a top 10 prospect and passing on a position of need with a player clearly rated to be a top 10 prospect is stupid...

I only gave a option with low assets used and low risk to get the same type QB prospect and still get the top 5 LT..

And that's crazy??

I don’t think it’s crazy. I said it’s not a terrible idea. I think we can assume Icky and Neal aren’t there at 6. If they are it definitely changes things depending on how high we are ranking Pickett/Willis/Howell. Cross is a solid prospect, but he has been ranged a bit by scouts/analysts. Most people think Pickett and Willis are first round talents (maybe not top 10), but if you are drafting a QB in the first they are projected to be your franchise’s QB going forward. So if Pickett is ranked 12th, but we take him at 6 because we need a QB and he fits the west coast style we are wanting to play that’s not really a reach to me. BPA is never going to be 100% pure because it would be foolish for a team to ignore weaknesses and draft players they don’t need because they are ranked higher. 
Also we may view Neal as a pure RT and he already have a great player there. 

27 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Great point..

And that's crazy??

can all 3 really be generational?

I agree that the LTs on paper look like better prospects than these QBs but lets don't act like they are sure things.  There is risk with almost any player. 

2 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I agree that the LTs on paper look like better prospects than these QBs but lets don't act like they are sure things.  There is risk with almost any player. 

I don't think all 3 are..

I only said Neal and Ikownun.. Cross is good but at the point I'd rather trade down and then look at QB,  Cross or Penning..

15 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don’t think it’s crazy. I said it’s not a terrible idea. I think we can assume Icky and Neal aren’t there at 6. If they are it definitely changes things depending on how high we are ranking Pickett/Willis/Howell. Cross is a solid prospect, but he has been ranged a bit by scouts/analysts. Most people think Pickett and Willis are first round talents (maybe not top 10), but if you are drafting a QB in the first they are projected to be your franchise’s QB going forward. So if Pickett is ranked 12th, but we take him at 6 because we need a QB and he fits the west coast style we are wanting to play that’s not really a reach to me. BPA is never going to be 100% pure because it would be foolish for a team to ignore weaknesses and draft players they don’t need because they are ranked higher. 
Also we may view Neal as a pure RT and he already have a great player there. 

I don't and most I read don't even see Pickett at 12 or in the 20's is my opinion..

I agree if it comes down to a QB and Cross .. I might want to trade down 1st.. But if forced then I only look at Wills really...

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

I don't think all 3 are..

I only said Neal and Ikownun.. Cross is good but at the point I'd rather trade down and then look at QB,  Cross or Penning..

either way, fans throw out term like generational way too often.  Go look at all of the LTs drafted in the top-10 in the last 10 years, there is risk involved with them also.

Forget generational, history tells us that even Neal and Ekwonu probably have less than 50% chance of becoming top-5 LTs in the league.

With that being said both I agree with you that both of those tackles are safer picks than any of the QBs, but in reality there always pretty much be safter non-QBs at any point in the draft to pick.  There were probably safer picks we could have made instead of Cam.

At some point you just have to weigh the reward with the risk.

24 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

No, I doubt even one will be to be honest.  But there's a better chance if you have more to choose from.