• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just throwing this out there..

WOW!!

Qb musical chair's is almost done.. And more and more it seems like 1 of those all world Tackles will drop in our hands.. We've finally started to building and putting resources into a Oline worth being proud of.. Is it worth not finishing that process for a shiny new QB on a hope and prayer they will play past their game tape or rankings as a prospect?? Or Just take the higher rated player at position almost just as important as QB..

And I still believe a QB rated high by Chris Simms in 2020 is available and can be had for low compensation.. Still has 3 years on a rookie deal and would be rated just as high as any QB innthis draft..

Would a package of Jordan Love/Neal or Ikowonun be more a plus then Pickett/Wills/Corral??

Again if the compensation for Love is a 4th or lower pick..

Jmo ..

Win win situation.. If Love sucks. Rhule is gone and We are in position to get a better Prospect at QB next year.. With a Oline ready to dominate...

Edited by WOW!!
  • Beer 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I mean....a 4th or less for Love isn't bad. I doubt he pans out but it's a way better and cheaper gamble than Darnold was.

My point exactly... Its cheap competition for Darnold and your still setting up the next coaching staff either way if it works or not. 

Love is literally worth nothing. He is in what, his 3rd year and has not progressed at all. This is just wasting assets. If you want to suck another year, get the tackle and ride with Sam.

I think you swing for the fence, and draft your tackle next year. You can get a much more decent LT in free agency now, than you can get a QB. But if you win 5 games next year, which seems to be our bench mark, you aren't getting that mega QB your hoping for either.

Edited by Jaxel
  • Pie 2

Baker and Jimmy G are still out there and there are few landing spots left. AFTER the draft they will have very little value.

With Darnold we rushed and paid a premium. WFT rushed and paid 2 3rd's for Wentz while the Colts waited and paid one 3rd for Ryan who is WAY better. 

Our FO is playing this much better by waiting.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

Here is what scares me about Love:

You have a team that spent a high pick on him for the sole reason to replace their current QB(Rodgers) at some point.

They have had him in house, in their system, for two years, and think so little of him that they let Rodgers have every bit of leverage and made him the highest paid player ever in the league.

This isn't some QB who went to a bad team that ruins QBs, he is on a team that usually has pretty good QB play.

• Pie 5

12 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Love is literally worth nothing. He is in what, his 3rd year and has not progressed at all. This is just wasting assets. If you want to suck another year, get the tackle and ride with Sam.

I think you swing for the fence, and draft your tackle next year. You can get a much more decent LT in free agency now, than you can get a QB. But if you win 5 games next year, which seems to be our bench mark, you aren't getting that mega QB your hoping for either.

You're swinging for the fences with a smaller bat...

Let's just be real desperation is moving these QB's up not there film or actual talent..

Let's stop reaching and actually make smart moves..