• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold outta here?

Zod

Just now, Pakmeng said:

Why would anybody do that? Trades require a partner

Yeah, IF someone takes on Darnold we're going to still be paying $10-15M of his salary and giving up a decent rookie. It's obvious teams are waiting for the Browns to eventually cut Baker and eat all that cap hit so someone can sign him for cheap. Why would Darnold be any different?

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah, IF someone takes on Darnold we're going to still be paying $10-15M of his salary and giving up a decent rookie. It's obvious teams are waiting for the Browns to eventually cut Baker and eat all that cap hit so someone can sign him for cheap. Why would Darnold be any different?

You don’t know that. And that would be incredibly stupid. Why make a deal like that?

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

why would be still be paying $10-$15M?

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

You don’t know that. And that would be incredibly stupid. Why make a deal like that?

Trubisky is getting like $7M from the Steelers, Teddy $10M from the Dolphins so that's the market for a question mark/backup QB. And yes why make that deal? That's probably in the ballpark of whats being offered but we don't really have any option besides keep him or take a shitty deal to get rid of him

1 minute ago, Pakmeng said:

Trading Darnold shifts his entire cap hit to the other team no? Looks like it according to the normal cap sites.

Sure we might give up Hubbard in that deal but who would be the other side? 

Not sure if 5th year options are different but we paid 70% of Teddy's salary last year for him to play for the Broncos, otherwise we were probably stuck with him

10 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

why would be still be paying $10-$15M?

Say if you're the Texans GM or whatever, and you take on $19M for Darnold and Shi Smith and send away a 3rd round pick you should be fired immediately. If you do it and send away nothing you should still probably be fired

16 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

you wouldnt give up Shi for 18 mil?? 

1FC6010A-703D-4AE6-9B7F-14CC3E475681.gif.394181e8933198929819310bc276e3da.gif

If they only wanted Shi in the deal then fine. Ship him but Shi has upside. Give them Chuba or Fletch. 

I’ll call it now, they trade BC. He doesn’t fit into McAdoo’s scheme and another team would want him. 

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Say if you're the Texans GM or whatever, and you take on $19M for Darnold and Shi Smith and send away a 3rd round pick you should be fired immediately. If you do it and send away nothing you should still probably be fired

you didnt answer my question.  Why would we still be paying $10-$15M

I do agree that would be stupid for another team to do. 

Just now, The Huddler said:

you didnt answer my question.  Why would we still be paying $10-$15M

I do agree that would be stupid for another team to do. 

We paid 70% of Teddy's 2021 salary for the Broncos to take him. I'm basing that concept off that trade, not sure if 5th year options are different 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

yeah im honestly wondering how that would work

I think Teddy actually restructured just to get out of Rhule world actually now that i'm looking at it. If that's the case and the 5th year option is all or nothing and I"m another GM I want Chinn w Darnold or I have zero interest.