• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Thread; Canes @ Lightning 3/29

Harbingers

Just now, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

You just tune into the highlights don't you Snake? 96 points I guarentee you we could loose all 15 of our remaining games and still be a playoff team.... 

Negative, I watch the games. That's not what I'm saying. What I am saying is if we keep playing like this it's one and done. 

11 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Eh, chuck got kicked off his alt so he had to go back to his main. 

Youngster I am not chuck, have been here longer than chuck and you as well. This is the same thing we did last year. Strong season and got sloppy at the end. We need to clean things up a bit. 

TB has a very good PP and Raanta just isn't that good on the kill. I'd be willing to bet his kill save percentage is a lot lower than Freddie's.

Last night was a pretty good night, all things considered. Back-to-back after a long trip from Washington. 3 games in 4 days against quality opponents. 3 goals on the Vaseline Man and the refs gifted TB 2 penalties that resulted in PP goals. TB can't score 5-on-5 against the Canes.

Heading into the final month with 7 road games and 7 home games and the home schedule isn't that difficult. A 20-point month out of a possible 28 isn't a reach. But, with a 5 point lead over the Rangers and the Canes have to play them twice in NY- they need a split and take care of business elsewhere.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

3 PP goals allowed for the number 1 PP defense in the NHL? Woof. 

I'm not a big Raanta fan anyway. He's had a solid season, but I almost want to see the young guy get his turn. 

If I’m not mistaken, they did that to us in the playoffs last year. They only scored on power play goals. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Neal Perts said:

We smoked the piss outta The blues and capitals. We will be fine. 

Yeah but there's a big difference between those teams and legit teams like Tampa. We got to find a way to win when we don't have an elite Goalie playing that way. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Yeah but there's a big difference between those teams and legit teams like Tampa. We got to find a way to win when we don't have an elite Goalie playing that way. 

Last night the PP kill looks tired and off.  Raanta played well. We had guys waaay out of position in front of the net on these kills. That’s why we lost. You take away all three goals on the power-play we would have won 3-1