• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Walker vs Malik Willis

Just now, micnificent28 said:

Ask yourself that after Brady retires... pocket passer have won the last few basically on the strength of him alone. He's the goat. But what's left is Lamar jackson.Jackson.. Hurbert, Mahomes.Mahomet.. Russell Willson, burrow, and every other I m not a sitting duck in the pocket.

When was the last time a pocket passer didnt win the super bowl?

31 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Who really cares man... stop scouting the comp and look at the traits. You look for things that translate at the pro level. If people thought like you would Josh Allen have went where he did? And looked good enough to have trey Lance follow right behind him? These guys are coming from basically 2a ball but they have the traits that translate. Stuff you can't teach. You could also make the argument he didn't put up better numbers because his team sucked.

He took out Virginia Tech with a Liberty University team.  They always leave off that one.  That's a team Virginia Tech pays to play and put up 50 points on.  He has also addressed why he left Auburn.  He said he wasn't mature enough, wouldn't watch film and just expected the coach's to make him their guy.  Gus Malzon did not (went with the legacy Bo Nix) and he transferred and has grown up a lot since then/learned from that experience.  He is an intriguing prospect after actually doing some research on him.  Seems very mature for his age and eager to get better at his craft.  Still a bit of a question mark, but has a lot of potential. 

• Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

He took out Virginia Tech with a Liberty University team.  They always leave off that one.  That's a team Virginia Tech pays to play and put up 50 points on.  He has also addressed why he left Auburn.  He said he wasn't mature enough, wouldn't watch film and just expected the coach's to make him their guy.  Gus Malzon did not (went with the legacy Bo Nix) and he transferred and has grown up a lot since then/learned from that experience.  He is an intriguing prospect after actually doing some research on him.  Seems very mature for his age and eager to get better at his craft.  Still a bit of a question mark, but has a lot of potential. 

I'm  not saying he is the second coming of Jesus either. I have said if I had my Choice I go ickey/neal/ then Willis. In a year where qbs are not looking that great why look for the highest floor lowest ceiling type guy when the chance for not being that great is equal? If I'm at bat I'm going for the home run.. not another teddy Bridgewater is what I'm saying..

Just now, micnificent28 said:

I'm  not saying he is the second coming of Jesus either. I have said if I had my Choice I go ickey/neal/ then Willis. In a year where qbs are not looking that great why look for the highest floor lowest ceiling type guy when the chance for not being that great is equal? If I'm at bat I'm going for the home run.. not another teddy Bridgewater is what I'm saying..

Oh I get it and you are not alone in thinking he might be the top guy in this group.  He is my favorite, but I think he needs to go somewhere like Pitt that can develop me properly.  We would rush him out and probably mess up his career because Matt Rhule...  I think Corral fits what we need/style of offense we are running the most this year.  

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Oh I get it and you are not alone in thinking he might be the top guy in this group.  He is my favorite, but I think he needs to go somewhere like Pitt that can develop me properly.  We would rush him out and probably mess up his career because Matt Rhule...  I think Corral fits what we need/style of offense we are running the most this year.  

Yeah, I'm not saying that Willis is a surefire bust but I think our situation would be a very bad one for him. Hell, I think it's a bad one for ANY rookie.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

When was the last time a pocket passer didnt win the super bowl?

We had a thread locked down already from this. Last 9 Super Bowls

Rams- loaded roster, Stafford throws 2 INTs and they still win

Brady

Mahomes- who is very mobile and extends plays/runs for the first when needed

Brady

Eagles- Nick Foles is probably available if you want him

Brady

Broncos- yeah Manning outplayed Cam alright... pocket passer vs runner or elite defense crush our terrible OL

Brady

Seahawks- Does Russ count?  

So 9 Super Bowls ago if you don't count Mahomes and Brady makes up for half of them in between.  If you are living by the pocket passer being your best chance to win a Super Bowl let's go sign Nick Foles, because he won one recently as a pocket passer.

12 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

We had a thread locked down already from this. Last 9 Super Bowls

Rams- loaded roster, Stafford throws 2 INTs and they still win

Brady

Mahomes- who is very mobile and extends plays/runs for the first when needed

Brady

Eagles- Nick Foles is probably available if you want him

Brady

Broncos- yeah Manning outplayed Cam alright... pocket passer vs runner or elite defense crush our terrible OL

Brady

Seahawks- Does Russ count?  

So 9 Super Bowls ago if you don't count Mahomes and Brady makes up for half of them in between.  If you are living by the pocket passer being your best chance to win a Super Bowl let's go sign Nick Foles, because he won one recently as a pocket passer.

Mahomes had a total of 40 rushing yards in his super bowl playoff run.  Mobile qbs are a fallacy in the playoffs.  There are shiny and neat in the regular season but when the rubber meets the road you have to have someone in the pocket making plays. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Mahomes had a total of 40 rushing yards in his super bowl playoff run.  Mobile qbs are a fallacy in the playoffs.  There are shiny and neat in the regular season but when the rubber meets the road you have to have someone in the pocket making plays. 

Mobile doesn't just equal rushing yardage. Guys like Mahomes, Allen, Wilson, Burrow, Rodgers, etc. do a lot of damage throwing on the move.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

4 of the top 11 rushing QBs have rings. We had this debate and it turned out it was just Chuck trolling. Are you trying to be like Chuck? If you are, good job! If not let’s go sign Foles so we can win a ring! 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Mobile doesn't just equal rushing yardage. Guys like Mahomes, Allen, Wilson, Burrow, Rodgers, etc. do a lot of damage throwing on the move.

The main damage is getting a new set of downs, the D homies hate that....

• Pie 1