• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke / UNC game thread

Zod

1 hour ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

In typical Duke/Carolina fashion, the officiating came through to help the heels pull out a BS win.

I'm not a fan of either team, or college basketball in general, but over the years of watching the games I have come to just laugh at how lopsided the officiating is in the matchups between these two.

Can you provide some evidence to back this claim up about last night? 

didn’t think so! 

9 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

You must not have been watching the game.  At one point in the 2nd half Duke had 2 fouls and Carolina had 8.  How in the hell is that officiating lopsided to the Tarheels.

Well, Carolina was flagrantly fouling the whole game with Bacot performing admirably at middle linebacker.  The final two minutes when the game was entirely up in the air and we saw a phantom foul call on David, then waving off Keels and-one pretty much gift-wrapped the game for the Heels. 

Again, this is nothing new.  Literally any objective viewer knows this happens in almost every matchup between the two.  It's pretty bizarre actually.  I've always called the Tar Heels the Dallas Cowboys of college basketball.  Fans, media, and refs constantly slob on them for some reason.

• Poo 3

1 minute ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Well, Carolina was flagrantly fouling the whole game with Bacot performing admirably at middle linebacker.  The final two minutes when the game was entirely up in the air and we saw a phantom foul call on David, then waving off Keels and-one pretty much gift-wrapped the game for the Heels. 

Again, this is nothing new.  Literally any objective viewer knows this happens in almost every matchup between the two.  It's pretty bizarre actually.  I've always called the Tar Heels the Dallas Cowboys of college basketball.  Fans, media, and refs constantly slob on them for some reason.

This is your opinion. 
“phantom call” for Davis - it was a foul. It may not be a foul called every time but there was contact and it was a foul. Cry about it. 

“waiving off” the and one for Keels. LOL at you. The foul occurred before the shot, and Keels traveled after foul was called. 

and your asinine statement that Bacot was “fouling flagrantly” (what TF does this even mean lol) without even posting any sort of evidence REEKs of a cry baby dook fan doing his favorite thing which is crying about officiating when dook loses 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Lol take this poo back to the TDD board, we’re talking basketball not conspiracy theories.

Carolina was better from the field, better from the three point line, better from the foul line, and the better rebounding team.

Maybe if y’all didn’t shoot 60% from the free throw line and more importantly didn’t miss 3 of the last 4 free throws that you were given then you’d have a better argument.

Not to mention, if you take away the four intentional foul free throws that Caleb had then the free throws were an even 20 a piece.

Bottom line is our guards walk around with their nuts dragging on the ground and yours have their hands in their pants trying to find their’s.

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Hell when we went up by six and were about to blow the game open, Duke was “fouled” every time down the court until they tied it up.

Yep. Refs sure as hell did what they could to put an end to that run from UNC. 

1 hour ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

In typical Duke/Carolina fashion, the officiating came through to help the heels pull out a BS win.

I'm not a fan of either team, or college basketball in general, but over the years of watching the games I have come to just laugh at how lopsided the officiating is in the matchups between these two.

You're a clown

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1