• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke / UNC game thread

Zod

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Please. Chapel Hill is the only redeeming quality of the Triangle. You're sitting there stuck in no man's land halfway between the mountains and the beach. Ugh.

No dog in this fight but Chapel hill fuging sucks dick now.  The cool ambiance of franklin st has been pulverized and is totally corporate.  The parking and traffic is out of control as is the real estate costs.  In the late 80s and 90's CH was a great small college town.  Then I think RTP just basically took over with people moving in.  I just literally spent 2 weeks between CH and durham for work and CH is not even the same place.  Its crazy.  FWIW I stayed at the Hampton beside the Cats cradle.

Durham has really changed as well for the better.  Seems like lots of money pouring into it and is becoming more a city then what I was used to.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

No dog in this fight but Chapel hill fuging sucks dick now.  The cool ambiance of franklin st has been pulverized and is totally corporate.  The parking and traffic is out of control as is the real estate costs.  In the late 80s and 90's CH was a great small college town.  Then I think RTP just basically took over with people moving in.  I just literally spent 2 weeks between CH and durham for work and CH is not even the same place.  Its crazy.  FWIW I stayed at the Hampton beside the Cats cradle.

Durham has really changed as well for the better.  Seems like lots of money pouring into it and is becoming more a city then what I was used to.

I know the Durham Realty head guy and he said Duke started putting in the money for Durham. 

Mostly because Duke would try to get some big wigs to come work for them in the late 90's/early 2000's and their wifes would drive around town to get to know Durham. Then comeback and tell their husbands this place is trash. We're not living here. Duke has invested a ton of money to make sure Durham is never like that again. Hence the reason it's better than Chapel Hill. I love Durham, I used to love Chapel Hill. Just isn't what it used to be. 

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Every true, great college town eventually gets bought up and overrun by corporate America. ECU won’t have to worry about this because nobody wants to step foot in the armpit of East NC; but Chapel Hill, Boone, and I’m sure other small fun college towns across the USA are slowly using their personalities and essence. Hell even Davidson is bullshit now. MERICA!! 

3 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

If you're ever on 15-501 between Durham/Chapel Hill try out this place called Naamu by the way for dinner. Good Korean BBQ, plus a good brew. 

I wouldn’t eat anywhere in Durham. Their sanitation grades are probably just as bad as the duke basketball players grades at NC Central. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

I’ve hated coach k with a passion since 8th grade. That said I live less than ten minutes from downtown Durham and you couldn’t pay me to live anywhere else in the state, and it’s only getting better.

I own land in hurdle mills and cannot wait to move to that area.  Paradise

• Pie 1

The issue here is that the nice parts of Durham aren’t the only parts of Durham.

How much has Durham changed since 2019? Because only three years ago it was still the most unsafe city in NC outside of High Point.

Not to mention, if Durham is so nice then why are they talking about adding shot spotter again… the town may have added nice tenants and buildings, essentially putting lipstick on a pig… but it’s still crime infested.

I’d rather walk into a Target and know I’m not going to get shot at then walk into a bar and not walk out later.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The issue here is that the nice parts of Durham aren’t the only parts of Durham.

How much has Durham changed since 2019? Because only three years ago it was still the most unsafe city in NC outside of High Point.

Not to mention, if Durham is so nice then why are they talking about adding shot spotter again… the town may have added nice tenants and buildings, essentially putting lipstick on a pig… but it’s still crime infested.

I’d rather walk into a Target and know I’m not going to get shot at then walk into a bar and not walk out later.

Lol

• Pie 1