• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quarterback Visits

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

Herbert would have went in the hype category he has immense talent just was raw as a passer.. 

No. Joe Burrow had all the hype. Nobody was really hyping Herbert but me and a couple people here and Hurndog.

I hit on Herbert, I knew for a fact he would be phenomenal. Burrow I had questions but he's done well.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

https://theathletic.com/3235476/2022/04/07/nfl-drafts-biggest-wild-card-carson-strong-has-all-the-tools-and-an-injury-history/

I am guessing the Panthers dont want to deal with the knee issue and have taken him off their board.  This is a good article though. 

See, limitations. That's why you draft Alex Smith instead of Aaron Rodgers if you're not evaluating the correct things.

Had the 49ers done a better evaluation who knows. Green bay got Rodgers, groomed him and the rest is history.

Listen, I'm not in the official Carson Strong bandwagon for no reason. He's a statistical outlier in this draft. In a very good metric, completion percentage. His has NEVER been below 63% in his 3yr CAREER. He killed that metric by elevating to 70% for TWO years in a row!

No QB(frontrunners) in the draft has achieved that. He put up the best numbers of his career in his junior year 4186yrds 36tds while playing hurt! What can this man do at full strength? He also ran at the combine so the knee surgery is obviously behind him.

Statistically over time and on film he's the best QB at QBing in this draft. 

Edited by rippadonn

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

https://theathletic.com/3235476/2022/04/07/nfl-drafts-biggest-wild-card-carson-strong-has-all-the-tools-and-an-injury-history/

I am guessing the Panthers dont want to deal with the knee issue and have taken him off their board.  This is a good article though. 

He ran pretty fast at the combine, 16.1 mph. I think we can put that behind us. He played a full season of full contact football since and had his best year.

On 4/5/2022 at 4:45 PM, mrcompletely11 said:

If we trade up from 6 in this shitty qb draft then I very well may just be done.  I know this franchise is 2 first round picks for Sean Gilbert stupid, but are they really trade up from 6 for Picket/Willis stupid?

They really, really, really like Willis. Like most of the draft room including fit like Willis a lot and think he's a franchise qb. 

2 hours ago, rippadonn said:

No. Joe Burrow had all the hype. Nobody was really hyping Herbert but me and a couple people here and Hurndog.

I hit on Herbert, I knew for a fact he would be phenomenal. Burrow I had questions but he's done well.

Bro coming into that season plenty had Herbert the number 1 qb before Burrow came out of no where.  The Year before so burrow threw 13 touchdowns 5 ints.  The kid was 6'6 235 had a rocket and could run. All the tools were there. He just came from a wonky Oregon offense.

Edited by micnificent28
  • Pie 1

5 hours ago, rippadonn said:

He ran pretty fast at the combine, 16.1 mph. I think we can put that behind us. He played a full season of full contact football since and had his best year.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/todds-latest-mock-draft-teams-with-biggest-needs/id304434112?i=1000556517582

9 minutes in they break down Strong.  They all seem to be high on him.  Obviously knee is the issue.

they think both Strong and Howell will be 3rd rounders

I wonder if we can package 2 4rths (137, 144) for someones 3rd if a few qbs fall