• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Considering the WR contracts of 2022...

top dawg

I'd say that Fittererer did pretty well with his extension of D.J. Moore and, yes, Robby Anderson (yeah, I said it). And, the thing is, I'd argue that they got the numbers right considering each receiver's entire body of work thus far. Yes, Robby had a down year, and Moore has not shown to be a prolific scorer, but I believe there's a decent chance that both will improve upon their perceived weaknesses in a way that their value will be easily seen the next couple of seasons, provided that we can get NFL level offensive coordination (which I believe is a decent possibility) and at least average QB play (which is a bigger question). Either way, I don't think that we'll be able to blame D.J. or Robby and what they make as a detriment to offensive woes in 2022. Add in the other guys, and our receiving corps should be a good ROI for a couple of years.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

(From the outside looking in) I like DJ moores contract, but not so much Robby.

(Reality) Robby could play up to his contract or even out play his contract. Is it likely with the QB (Darnold, PJ, Rookie) he’ll have? Maybe not. He did do pretty well with Teddy so maybe after an improved OL, but still prolly no improvement at decision making when it comes to QB play. 

in the end, i like DJ’s contract but i think the money used on Robby could’ve been used elsewhere. Maybe we could’ve saved some of next year’s cap instead of pushing a lot to next year. 

Since 2018, DJ more is 8th in the NFL in most yards from scrimmage for a WR. Only behind the likes of Evans, Cupp, Hopkins, Diggs, Hill, Allen, and Adams. Dude has done the most with the least at the QB position and deserves every dollar IMO.

On the other hand, Robby's extension in hindsight was premature. 

40 minutes ago, Admiral Ackbar said:

Since 2018, DJ more is 8th in the NFL in most yards from scrimmage for a WR. Only behind the likes of Evans, Cupp, Hopkins, Diggs, Hill, Allen, and Adams. Dude has done the most with the least at the QB position and deserves every dollar IMO.

On the other hand, Robby's extension in hindsight was premature. 

Yardage has never been a problem with Moore. Take the guys that you put him in the company of and compare scores. That's where the issue is. Sure he's had sketchy QB play, but he's put up yardage as I would expect for the leading receiver on a team. Now, he must translate that to scores before I'm putting him in such company. Maybe I'm old school, but that's just the way I see it. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Yardage has never been a problem with Moore. Take the guys that you put him in the company of and compare scores. That's where the issue is. Sure he's had sketchy QB play, but he's put up yardage as I would expect for the leading receiver on a team. Now, he must translate that to scores before I'm putting him in such company. Maybe I'm old school, but that's just the way I see it. 

A large part of that is the scheme and the offense he's in.

Those guys ahead of him in yards/in the company of, look at their teams and offenses (QB play too, but more so just how good the teams are in general and their coaches' passing philosophies) Bucs, Rams, Cardinals, Bills, Chiefs, Chargers and Packers.

We've thrown for 47 passing TDs combined the last 3 seasons, the worst in the league in that timespan (2nd worst in 2019, 3rd worst in 2020, 2nd worst in 2021). That is embarrassing and that isn't because DJ or Robby or whoever else we've had aren't capable red zone weapons. It's our horrible coaching and QB play.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

59 minutes ago, top dawg said:

With that logic than Julio Jones is no good, huh?

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

I'd say that Fittererer did pretty well with his extension of D.J. Moore and, yes, Robby Anderson (yeah, I said it). And, the thing is, I'd argue that they got the numbers right considering each receiver's entire body of work thus far. Yes, Robby had a down year, and Moore has not shown to be a prolific scorer, but I believe there's a decent chance that both will improve upon their perceived weaknesses in a way that their value will be easily seen the next couple of seasons, provided that we can get NFL level offensive coordination (which I believe is a decent possibility) and at least average QB play (which is a bigger question). Either way, I don't think that we'll be able to blame D.J. or Robby and what they make as a detriment to offensive woes in 2022. Add in the other guys, and our receiving corps should be a good ROI for a couple of years.

I agree. Unfortunately, it also makes him extremely attractive as trade bait. That worries me with this FO. The rumors of young players being available for trade is sticking in the back of my mind as this offseason drags on.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, t96 said:

Those guys ahead of him in yards/in the company of, look at their teams and offenses (QB play too, but more so just how good the teams are in general and their coaches' passing philosophies) Bucs, Rams, Cardinals, Bills, Chiefs, Chargers and Packers.

We've thrown for 47 passing TDs combined the last 3 seasons, the worst in the league in that timespan (2nd worst in 2019, 3rd worst in 2020, 2nd worst in 2021). That is embarrassing and that isn't because DJ or Robby or whoever else we've had aren't capable red zone weapons. It's our horrible coaching and QB play.

I agree. That's why I mentioned "offensive coordination". I don't rightly know who to blame more, but I believe it's poor QB play. In any event, I'd like to see Robby used more effectively, not press this year and catch the damned ball. D.J. needs to make plays at key times, particularly in the end zone. There shouldn't be any more meat left on the bone due to drops in key moments.

6 hours ago, t96 said:

I vividly remember when DJ was wide open in the end zone against the Vikings in 2020, then Teddy completely missed him from 10 yards away and got him injured in the process.  About sums it up