• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper OverRhule’s the HC?

ForJimmy

44 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I already responded to this earlier. The proven players got multi year contacts.

I assumed you had considered the Ravens center as being one of the centerpieces of their class, he only received a one year deal as I recall

9 minutes ago, Growl said:

I assumed you had considered the Ravens center as being one of the centerpieces of their class, he only received a one year deal as I recall

He just moved to center last year and had success. Before that he was an ok OG. He got a 1 year 2.8 million dollar contract. That’s shows where the market sees him. He should be solid, but that one year protects us in case he fails. 

• Beer 1

On 4/11/2022 at 6:30 PM, Basbear said:

I have to think the Browns must pay 50-75% of his contract in order to get a late round pick, sorta like with the Teddy deal with the panthers....

If Browns do that and Baker is 8 million for a 2024 7th....Im up for a gamble. Panthers would only be paying the QB room around 30 million in total, thats not too bad......if you dont look at the names....

Could ease the pressure to draft a Qb at 6 which I would view as a positive. Why should anyone want whoever chose (and paid) the last two Qbs to choose another? 

21 hours ago, Iced Up said:

Could ease the pressure to draft a Qb at 6 which I would view as a positive. Why should anyone want whoever chose (and paid) the last two Qbs to choose another? 

Baker would be just a test to see if hes sticks. 2020 Baker was pettty dam good, recent was meh... I mean panthers not only need a starter, but a backup.....AND maybe a developmental type as well. I could see drafting one AND adding baker/minshew/jimmy. Plus Im not 100% Sam Darnold is pure trash either, hated the move for him, but for 4 seasons he has been running for his life nearly right after the snap.

I don’t really know what is happening behind the scenes but QB has to be at the top of the debates.  I find it hard to believe anyone is talking Tepper into rolling with Darnold for another year but who knows.

I will stand with this prediction…if Neal and Ikey are gone we will take Pickett.  Might take Pickett anyway.

Pickett would be a solid pick IMO.

Edited by Shocker

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I don’t really know what is happening behind the scenes but QB has to be at the top of the debates.  I find it hard to believe anyone is talking Tepper into rolling with Darnold for another year but who knows.

I will stand with this prediction…if Neal and Ikey are gone we will take Pickett.  Might take Pickett anyway 

I think the main reason for hiring Ben Macado was his NFL QB success. Rhule and whoever else has been making the QB decisions since the day 1 Rhule era, needs to be banned for all QBs decisions. Give Ben ALLLLLL the QB power.

• Pie 1

I see improving the roster, especially the OL, as a better plan than giving up all kinds of stuff for someone that isn't That much better than Darnold could be with that kind of help.

And I don't understand the We Have To Win This Year mentality. I don't see the point of a 9-8 season myself. I'd rather be rid of Rhule, rid of Darnold, with a nice high pick in 2023. 2-15 would be alright with me to be honest.