• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christensen vs The Draft Prospects

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I hope Roy and and another DT step up; often year 3 is a charm.  I think we are better at LB than last year, and I think our secondary (with Horn and X) will be upgraded.  I am not ready to call Henderson (CB) a bust, but Hartsfield at Nickel with Horn and Jackson is not bad.  We need a pass rusher, but do not forget, YGM is entering year 3---CJ and Hardy were head scratches until year three.  Give Haynes some reps....we really could be good.  I think too often people pull the bread out of the oven too soon and think the bread sucks.  Maturation (Henderson, YGM, Roy) is going to be important.

No doubt there is a lot of young talent on that D. Adding a stud DE would be the cherry on top baby. If I had my way, I would add the best DE I could find. Whether that is at 6. Or some other solution.

I really feel that if MacAdoo can help Sam, and Campen can help the Oline. All we need is for the Offense to get up into the 20s, and this team is capable of competing.

Or...something totally unforseen happens. Then all bets are off.

18 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

How about this? Last year our Offense was our Achilles Heel. We've done quite a bit to upgrade said Offense. 

1. We have upgraded our Oline. And still have the draft.

2. We have upgraded our Oline Coach. 

3.We have upgraded our Signal Caller.

4. We have added Freeman. A RB that upgrades our short yardage situation.

5. We have added experienced Coaches, with winning reumes to the staff.

6. Oh, and we still have the draft.

Lots to get excited about. 

Still have Rhule at the helm. Still don't have a QB or an LT. Still don't have much draft capital. Still could end up trading picks away next year to get more picks for this year.

Until I see a concrete reason for optimism, it will be absent from me. Unt we start winning, it will be seem as something still out of reach. Until Rhule either gets fired or shows he's not in over his head and pulls a playoff run out of his ass, I'm not a believer. And it will take a deep playoff run to get me back in...and even then, I would only be there temporarily, because I need to see it not just pulled out once, but I need back to back winning seasons. 

I'm done with the low bar.

• Beer 2

On 4/12/2022 at 12:48 PM, Khyber53 said:

I believe that even if they put him out there, they won't fully believe he can do it. And that'll affect play calling.

And that will affect quarterbacking. 

And that will affect winning.

Rhule wouldn't give him enough snaps last season to fiqure out what the guys got. Now they are wondering if he can be the guy or draft a LT two weeks before the draft. One big cluster fug as usual with this coach.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Rhule wouldn't give him enough snaps last season to fiqure out what the guys got. Now they are wondering if he can be the guy or draft a LT two weeks before the draft. One big cluster fug as usual with this coach.

The really sad part is he was better than Irving in preseason. He should have been starting day 1, or at least a couple of weeks in. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Still have Rhule at the helm. Still don't have a QB or an LT. Still don't have much draft capital. Still could end up trading picks away next year to get more picks for this year.

Until I see a concrete reason for optimism, it will be absent from me. Unt we start winning, it will be seem as something still out of reach. Until Rhule either gets fired or shows he's not in over his head and pulls a playoff run out of his ass, I'm not a believer. And it will take a deep playoff run to get me back in...and even then, I would only be there temporarily, because I need to see it not just pulled out once, but I need back to back winning seasons. 

I'm done with the low bar.

Well alllllrriiiiiighty then. 

I will leave you with this. YES, we do have a LT. His name is Brady Christensen. The kid played LT rather well, when he was actually given an opportunity.

So we've got that going for us.

6 minutes ago, Jmac said:

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

The really sad part is he was better than Irving in preseason. He should have been starting day 1, or at least a couple of weeks in. 

Throw in Brown. We have no clue what he is capable of? Or at least we, as fans, have no clue. Well...

I say damm the torpedos' give Brown RG, and put Colbert at LG. Bozeman at C, and Brady and Taylor on the ouside. 

8 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Well alllllrriiiiiighty then. 

I will leave you with this. YES, we do have a LT. His name is Brady Christensen. The kid played LT rather well, when he was actually given an opportunity.

So we've got that going for us.

We'll see. I hope he is and I hope I'm wrong about everything. I just have to be proved I am wrong. I'd like for BC to be that guy, but I see it more as a panic choice that we had instant buyers remorse for. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

We'll see. I hope he is and I hope I'm wrong about everything. I just have to be proved I am wrong. I'd like for BC to be that guy, but I see it more as a panic choice that we had instant buyers remorse for. 

Now, I saw it as Rhule being like most coaches. Vets make fewer mistakes than rookies. So the Vet plays more. Hellz, Rhule even admitted he maybe should have played him sooner.

IMO Brady-Colbert-Bozeman-Brown-Moton, means we don't have to draft an Olineman in the 1st. Opens up the door for that dynamic DE don't cha think?

19 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Yeah, BC was a bad draft pick for what we needed as a team. He is an OT that appears to basically be a backup caliber NFL player. It's frustrating that we chose to do that with our 3rd round pick when we had so many needs. It's more frustrating how little we got from our second and third picks, given those could have been used to shore up the IOL.

#TepperRhuleFittererMagic

22 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, BC was a bad draft pick for what we needed as a team. He is an OT that appears to basically be a backup caliber NFL player. It's frustrating that we chose to do that with our 3rd round pick when we had so many needs. It's more frustrating how little we got from our second and third picks, given those could have been used to shore up the IOL.

#TepperRhuleFittererMagic

I think it's too early to say what BC is either way simply because he hasn't been given the opportunity to start at LT with any consistency. Could be a wasted pick or he could be a solid LT. Unfortunately right now we don't know and aren't in a position to really gamble on him being the answer. He probably had a really rough year trying to play 4 positions on the line, especially going from tackle to center. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, BC was a bad draft pick for what we needed as a team. He is an OT that appears to basically be a backup caliber NFL player.

Not to be argumentative, but I still think it is too early to make that definitive a call.  He may or may not be that.  Given the limited reps and constant position changes, he is Shroedinger's Left Tackle.  Only additional playing time will reveal what's in the box.  YMMV.

image.jpeg.a37072bb7e0932d60fd75de0e8d92767.jpeg

Edited by bythenbrs
Clarity