• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The draft thread

Captain Morgan

2 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

And we get to keep our protected pick from the Kai Jones trade.

So we could essentially end up with two picks in the top 15.

Would we use those to move up or move one for a veteran? If Keegan Murray or Jaden Ivey is sitting there at 6 I’d try and move up.

Not sure but if our FO passes on Mark Williams if he's there I don't want to hear poo anymore about defensive bigs lol

They've done JB no favors in helping him with defensive players.

18 minutes ago, tecc86 said:

Not sure but if our FO passes on Mark Williams if he's there I don't want to hear poo anymore about defensive bigs lol

They've done JB no favors in helping him with defensive players.

I don’t trust JB to play Williams if we draft him. No idea how we’d be able to pull it off but the Hornets should really try to find a way to sign Nurkic.

39 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

does anyone know if there is a decent big man coming out?  I think I'd rather trade both picks or a pick plus Gordon to get a proved post player.  

Define decent?

Mark Williams is probably the best option followed by Jalen Duren (although I’m not a fan). Walker Kessler is also available but I’d stay away, he’s slow and I don’t like his mental makeup.

Second round options include Ismael Kamagate, Oscar Tshiebwe, Christian Koloko, Jaylin Williams, and Orlando Robinson.

My preference is Mark Williams in the first and Christian Koloko or Orlando Robinson in the second.

Mark Williams - He dominates the paint and the glass and at the very least can get you 10 a game on lobs and put-backs. He also has a better shot than people realize, he just wasn’t asked to showcase it at Duke,

Christian Koloko - Very similar player to Williams just more raw. Like Williams, Koloko is a very good rebounder and shot blocker.

Orlando Robinson - Can play inside and out but needs to work on his strength around the basket. Another great rebounder and shot blocker but competition level is a question.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 3

18 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I don’t trust JB to play Williams if we draft him. No idea how we’d be able to pull it off but the Hornets should really try to find a way to sign Nurkic.

Honestly I'd just love for us to package both the picks and a player or two for Ayton but I don't know how trades will work considering there likes 12 days difference between the draft and free agency

4 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Define decent?

Mark Williams is probably the best option followed by Jalen Duren (although I’m not a fan). Walker Kessler is also available but I’d stay away, he’s slow and I don’t like his mental makeup.

Second round options include Ismael Kamagate, Oscar Tshiebwe, Christian Koloko, Jaylin Williams, and Orlando Robinson.

My preference is Mark Williams in the first and Christian Koloko or Orlando Robinson in the second.

Mark Williams - He dominates the paint and the glass and at the very least can get you 10 a game on lobs and put-backs. He also has a better shot than people realize, he just wasn’t asked to showcase it at Duke,

Christian Koloko - Very similar player to Williams just more raw. Like Williams, Koloko is a very good rebounder and shot blocker.

Orlando Robinson - Can play inside and out but needs to work on his strength around the basket. Another great rebounder and shot blocker but competition level is a question.

Good post. Didn't Kofi Cockburn declare for the draft too?